Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards - Why I had To Leave City

Well Wisher said:
"I do believe I will work at the club in some capacity in the future."

Nice. If we can get similar quotes from Lescott & Aleks 'Nat King Cole' Kolarov you'll have the #1 Youtube channel.

I'd watch a Kolarov channel.

Happy he said that to be honest, made me feel all warm and shit.

I wish him well in any case, England could really do with him finding his 11/12 form

why did micah leave city ? He was never fit , he trained to be a weightlifter instead of a footballer , and from 17 years old onwards he didnt learn f*ck all , in a nutshell

bluethrunthru said:
On MOTD now slating the club for not playing youth
It's a nice idea in theory, but in practise we wouldn't have won any silverware recently.
He clearly has an axe to grind and is blaming his situation on everyone but himself, his lack of ability and constant injuries.

i thought it was a bang on interview. Good to see that he acknowledges his issues when he first got into the team and when Sven was playing him at centre back with Dunne, using his pace to get him out of trouble because his positioning sense wasn't good.

he is right about City youngsters at the moment, they wont get into the team as we have better quality players, with experience. something you dont sacrifice just because people jumped on the 'give youth a chance' bandwagon. if they are good enough to be in the first team, then they'd play, there should be no other reason than that.

it was a good move all round him going on loan with the arrival of Sagna, he'll get a chance to play. He's always tried to play well even when players have the bad games. As well as all the injury problems and the emergance of Zaba as a class right-back, gotta wish Micah well and realise he's probably better off at another club now.

FeedTheGoat10 said:
Richards: "He brought me off in the FA Cup against Watford. We were losing, I thought I was having a decent game. Not amazing. Not bad, but I wasn't the worst player on the pitch by any stretch. And he brought me off at half-time and brought a right-back, Pablo Zabaleta, on. No disrespect, a right-back isn't going to change the game. At that point, I thought maybe he has lost a bit of faith in me."

Love Micah but that's a ridiculous quote.

He was abysmal in those 45 minutes.

Corky said:
Sagna isn't an improvement.

Below what I expected but he is definitely improvement. Micah would get a new one against Bayern, Sagna had pretty good game.

Damocles said:
Fame Monster said:
Best fullback I've ever seen at City.

I love Zabs but at his best, he is not as good as Micah at his best.

The year we won the league, Micah was absolutely phenomenal/imperious/as good as anyone in the world. After his injury that season, he never got a run of games to get him back to that standard and his face (English) didn't fit with Pellegrini.

Would love him back at City but can't see it happening. All the best Micah and thanks for the memories.

He's not even Glen Johnson at his best, let alone Zabaleta.

Good backup who had a purple patch. Positionally dyslexic.

I don't know why I'm responding to this because you have proved yourself, time after time after time, to be the most idiotic poster when it comes to football or anything related to it. From Richards to Mancini to Rooney to Balotelli to Tevez to 4-4-2 and to Pellegrini now, you've been wrong on near enough everything. I don't know why this is because you're obviously not stupid in general terms and are a very eloquent poster, but I don't know why you use your talented written skills to consistently post shit about football. The most depressing post I have ever read on this forum was when you mentioned that you was going into coaching. Of all the things you could teach people (IT, Science etc.), you chose football ffs.

When both was fit, Zabaleta couldn't get into the first team. He's a great player but can be rash and if Micah had been playing against Wigan, we would have had another FA cup to our name and might only be 3 points behind Chelsea this year. No-one, let alone Glen Johnson has done the job that Micah did against Cristiano Ronaldo for about 4 straight years running. As I've said before though, don't take my word for it - speak to Gareth Bale or Carlos Tevez (two of the greatest players of the past decade if you're not impressed by the job he did on Ronaldo), both of whom describe Micah as being the hardest player they have ever had to play against. Although both are excellent players, Micah at his best is better than Zaba at his best.

Mister Appointment said:
Bigga said:
MeatHunterrr said:
He just wasn't good enough anymore, simple as. Almost had to play with 1 right back whole last season, because he never was fit and when played looked atrocious.

Also sounds very bitter to me.

So where the fook do you rate Sagna, in comparison?? Laughable post.

May as well have kept Micah for all Sagna does. Stolen a living as far as I'm concerned.

Haha. Nonsense. If you think Micah's even in the same footballing time zone as Sagna you need to pick a new sport to watch cuz your clueless about football. And I love Richards for many reasons!

Still waiting for Sagna to keep Zabs out of the side on merit and not cos Zabba needs a rest.

Micah(when fit)>>>> Sagna(when fit).

If neither can defend, then at least Micah offers an ACTUAL threat going forward!

Case closed.

"No disrespect, a right-back isn't going to change the game. At that point, I thought maybe he has lost a bit of faith in me."

If I recall the right back did change the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.