Micah Richards (2014/15)

Richards needs to take a leaf out of Milner's book and apply himself to his craft. He'll always be one of ours just like SWP, but it always irked me that Richards seemed to covet his England spot more than getting fit, staying fit and playing well for City.

As the old addage goes, look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves. If Richards concentrated on getting fit, staying fit and playing well for City and improving his craft, his England career would have taken care of itself.

Injuries aside, he's in danger of being just another wasted talent.

Dribble said:
Richards needs to take a leaf out of Milner's book and apply himself to his craft. He'll always be one of ours just like SWP, but it always irked me that Richards seemed to covet his England spot more than getting fit, staying fit and playing well for City.

As the old adage goes, look after the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves. If Richards concentrated on getting fit, staying fit and playing well for City and improving his craft, his England career would have taken care of itself.

Injuries aside, he's in danger of being just another wasted talent.

I remember the FHM shoots, the DJ'n, the belting round in the new Audi R8 - all this not long after his first England cap and every fucker declaring him the new Cafu or whoever the fuck, after having a good game against Robben.

However, he will not be the first or last young English player to succumb to the hype. But, sometimes a player can suffer from injuries and some do not. Micah suffered horribly with them. But could he have done anything about that? I doubt we will ever know.

I am an extremely active man and will play and take part in any sport. I have suffered three fairly minor injuries, two hamstrings(both playing squash) and an irritating ankle injury from football. I am 41 and I regularly train with lads in their early twenties and absolutely hammer fuck out of myself 5-6 days of the week for 52 weeks of the year.

Sometimes, no matter how hard, despite what a man earns, maybe, just maybe, his body will not allow him to do what he desperately wants.

Dribble said:

This actually was a major reason why I liked him.

He was desperate to play for his country and it meant something to him to point of driving on his game at club level

Damocles said:
Dribble said:

This actually was a major reason why I liked him.

He was desperate to play for his country and it meant something to him to point of driving on his game at club level
Maybe its because I have absolutely no interest in International Football outside of tournaments, but I would have like Richards more if playing for City and being the No1 choice in his preferred position for us was the driving force in his career and nailing down a regular England place was a by-product of his efforts at club level.

He always seemed passionate about England, whilst he moaned about not being first choice at City as if we owed it to him because he was one of our own.

I'd take him over Sagna every day of the week, shame as if he had been fit this season, not sure of his fitness record at Fiorentina then he might have got his place back as Zabs form has wobbled too often

always liked Micah as a bloke - daft but sound. A shame he never developed as a centre half, and will never forget his 2 outstanding performances in that position when we did the double over the scum in 2007 to 2008 under Sven, when we still had fuck all

Mikejl said:
I'd take him over Sagna every day of the week, shame as if he had been fit this season, not sure of his fitness record at Fiorentina then he might have got his place back as Zabs form has wobbled too often

Just as injured this season.

Mikejl said:
Zabs form has suffered because of the rotation - some players have to know they're in every week and thrive on the attrition.

Bruun said:
Mikejl said:

Just as injured this season.

fair dos, hope he can get back on track somewhere, though a bit of me would be devastated if he got his mojo back at one of our rivals. remember when Mancini used to look exasperated with him and said he was made of Crystal!

Mikejl said:
I'd take him over Sagna every day of the week

Take him where? To the pictures? For a Nandos? You wouldn't take him as a footballer over Sagna though would you as Sagna's just in a whole other league to Micah. And don't get me wrong I love Micah the bloke, but as a footballer you think he'd be marking players like Hazard and Ribery with the intelligence of Sagna - absolutely no chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.