Micah Richards the pundit

i get fed up of the negativity from pundits, the obvious dislike for certain teams, then general rollocks they talk. I dont need to listen to an opinion on a game i have just watched, there is a big difference between fact and opinion.

always glad to see micah in the studio, its the only time i bother to turn the volume back up, keep him on.

In my view it's BT Sport who have really made things worse. They've introduced terrible things that other football broadcasters have taken on for some stupid reason.

As if one co-commentator wasn't enough, they've now added another; that little screen in the corner that pops up during games for no reason; Peter Walton; pundits as "characters" with "roles" like 'Fletch' and 'Sav'; Michael Owen, Jermaine Jenas etc.

Not only that but their coverage of the Champions League is absolutely pathetic. You re-watch big European games from when ITV had the rights and Clive Tyldesley alone is leagues ahead of whatever BT Sport do. The games don't feel as big as they used to because their coverage is so, so flat.

Amazon have got it right, I reckon. Simplistic coverage, maybe a presenter with a couple of studio guests, then two commentators who genuinely enjoy what they're doing, plus the option to mute if you don't fancy listening to them. They let the football do the talking.

I really hope BT lose the rights soon. It's turned into a vehicle for their pundits to get themselves into "viral videos" on social media. Savage embarrassing himself with that "Two words: Viva Ronaldo, goodnight!" earlier this season was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard, and all to make the night about himself.

The video below is from the BT Sport YouTube channel but they've used ITV's coverage. You can criticise Clive Tyldesley for a few things but one thing he always understood was drama - how to absorb it from the crowd, put it into his words, and then communicate it to your living room.

You can feel every single moment of his excitement and joy while he commentates on this game.

I think Amazon are the best of the lot as well tbh. But most of this stems from Sky, they have slowly been adopting the U.S model of over analysis including using stats and things. It's too much and the new boys like BT that come in then think they need their own flavour to compete with Sky. Amazon have it simple, a few options on the screen where you can see stats if you want and the option to turn off the commentators altogether, which is great IMO.

Regards to Micah, i see a few people want him to just become another cog in the wheel, like Carragher and Neville, and even Redknapp are. The good thing about him is he's different, that's not to everyone's tastes which is fine, but IMO it makes a better blend having someone who is up for a laugh rather than just berating every small detail of every game.

Last edited:
In my view it's BT Sport who have really made things worse. They've introduced terrible things that other football broadcasters have taken on for some stupid reason.

As if one co-commentator wasn't enough, they've now added another; that little screen in the corner that pops up during games for no reason; Peter Walton; pundits as "characters" with "roles" like 'Fletch' and 'Sav'; Michael Owen, Jermaine Jenas etc.

Not only that but their coverage of the Champions League is absolutely pathetic. You re-watch big European games from when ITV had the rights and Clive Tyldesley alone is leagues ahead of whatever BT Sport do. The games don't feel as big as they used to because their coverage is so, so flat.

Amazon have got it right, I reckon. Simplistic coverage, maybe a presenter with a couple of studio guests, then two commentators who genuinely enjoy what they're doing, plus the option to mute if you don't fancy listening to them. They let the football do the talking.

I really hope BT lose the rights soon. It's turned into a vehicle for their pundits to get themselves into "viral videos" on social media. Savage embarrassing himself with that "Two words: Viva Ronaldo, goodnight!" earlier this season was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard, and all to make the night about himself.

The video below is from the BT Sport YouTube channel but they've used ITV's coverage. You can criticise Clive Tyldesley for a few things but one thing he always understood was drama - how to absorb it from the crowd, put it into his words, and then communicate it to your living room.

You can feel every single moment of his excitement and joy while he commentates on this game.

Give Amazon time and they might get worse than BT & Sky if they fully invest into the rights as most these channels like one upping each other if they can, because it's only a part time broadcaster of top flight games maybe Amazon aren't going full throttle at it yet simple is much better as stated.

Tyldesley was awful for me him and Jim Beglin I honestly can't think of a worse combination as far as commentators go.
Barry Davies was much better I think he disliked co-commentators personally and largely refused to work with them which possibly meant less high profile games, which I think might be the main reason he stopped commentating football despite carrying on with other sports, just an observation I honestly never really remembered a co-commentator working with him I might be wrong, he's the best commentator and least biased I've heard despite hearing the "just look at his face." Franny Lee goal for Derby on highlights many times, he always was passionate in commentary about every team about every magic moment he saw that could happen, real excitement without any possible biased veiws all shifted to the side how a proper commentator should behave.

Can't stand Clive Tyldesley the most rag commentator ever could never go long without mentioning them in some manner, because of that I remember googling who he supported years ago certain it'd say rags it showed his Wikipedia page, so checked that and it claimed he's a Nottingham Forest fan who grew up being be a rag (since changed on Wikipedia but still public knowledge) yeah right, it said Forest but stated he used to be a rag before uni a proper load of bollocks if ever I've read it as rags always came first for him, he loves talking about them I hated his biased commentary glad you don't hear him much if at all nowadays... He can't help himself when it comes to them and Beckham too as well he's got a strange sexual obsession with David Beckham, proper strange guy and angin biased commentator it's okay to be what you wanna be but he goes overboard... When it comes to Beckham he may as well be a gormless bloke drooling at topless women in Spain like he's never seen a pair before.

"We're in Beckham territory" as Lyon's Juninho Pernambucano lined up a free kick years ago, a man who shits all over Beckham's overrated set piece ability's and probably the greatest free kick taker of all time, a man better at any range who had scored more freekicks at the time too but he couldn't help it.but mention Beckham, he surely must've known Juninho's record but he's said that exact phrase many times, with other people when there's freekick chances anywhere he's completely obsessed.

"What they wouldn't give to have a man with his delivery." Referring to Beckham again in the crowd during England games corner/cross, or even genuinely reminiscing about Beckham he doesn't have to be there either he's said it plenty of times at UCL level too, there's admiration complete enthusiasm and love/awe for a player's abilities... and then there's Clive Tyldesley creepy sexual obsession with Beckham or anything rag based.

Give Amazon time and they might get worse than BT & Sky if they fully invest into the rights as most these channels like one upping each other if they can, because it's only a part time broadcaster of top flight games maybe Amazon aren't going full throttle at it yet simple is much better as stated.

Tyldesley was awful for me him and Jim Beglin I honestly can't think of a worse combination as far as commentators go.
Barry Davies was much better I think he disliked co-commentators personally and largely refused to work with them which possibly meant less high profile games, which I think might be the main reason he stopped commentating football despite carrying on with other sports, just an observation I honestly never really remembered a co-commentator working with him I might be wrong, he's the best commentator and least biased I've heard despite hearing the "just look at his face." Franny Lee goal for Derby on highlights many times, he always was passionate in commentary about every team about every magic moment he saw that could happen, real excitement without any possible biased veiws all shifted to the side how a proper commentator should behave.

Can't stand Clive Tyldesley the most rag commentator ever could never go long without mentioning them in some manner, because of that I remember googling who he supported years ago certain it'd say rags it showed his Wikipedia page, so checked that and it claimed he's a Nottingham Forest fan who grew up being be a rag (since changed on Wikipedia but still public knowledge) yeah right, it said Forest but stated he used to be a rag before uni a proper load of bollocks if ever I've read it as rags always came first for him, he loves talking about them I hated his biased commentary glad you don't hear him much if at all nowadays... He can't help himself when it comes to them and Beckham too as well he's got a strange sexual obsession with David Beckham, proper strange guy and angin biased commentator it's okay to be what you wanna be but he goes overboard... When it comes to Beckham he may as well be a gormless bloke drooling at topless women in Spain like he's never seen a pair before.

"We're in Beckham territory" as Lyon's Juninho Pernambucano lined up a free kick years ago, a man who shits all over Beckham's overrated set piece ability's and probably the greatest free kick taker of all time, a man better at any range who had scored more freekicks at the time too but he couldn't help it.but mention Beckham, he surely must've known Juninho's record but he's said that exact phrase many times, with other people when there's freekick chances anywhere he's completely obsessed.

"What they wouldn't give to have a man with his delivery." Referring to Beckham again in the crowd during England games corner/cross, or even genuinely reminiscing about Beckham he doesn't have to be there either he's said it plenty of times at UCL level too, there's admiration complete enthusiasm and love/awe for a player's abilities... and then there's Clive Tyldesley creepy sexual obsession with Beckham or anything rag based.

Tydlesley nob head ****
Both posts have their merit and make the same point well, but I prefer the second for its brevity.

Again if they are so good why are they stuck in a studio and not down at the touchline.
Because they use different skills.
I was a Primary school teacher but it didn’t mean I could be either a Headteacher or teach in a High School. I didn’t have that skill set.
The same as not every manager can be a ‘pundit’ or every ‘pundit’ a manager.

Jamie wanting to celebrate Liverpools win with Heinekins for the for everyone. The girl doesn’t drink, Henry doesn’t drink so it was just Jamie and Micah. Jamie then tried to celebrate but downing his whole beer.Took Micah about 5 seconds haha

Jamie wanting to celebrate Liverpools win with Heinekins for the for everyone. The girl doesn’t drink, Henry doesn’t drink so it was just Jamie and Micah. Jamie then tried to celebrate but downing his whole beer.Took Micah about 5 seconds haha

Hang on, what? Micah celebrated Liverpool winning by downing a beer on screen with Carragher? Did I just read that correctly?

He was singing the Thiago song the liverpool fans sing, with Jamie Carragher last night too! Why?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.