Micah Richards the pundit

Spent the first five minutes of post-match analysis of yesterdays game not even mentioning any positives about City as Sky slowly went through our goals, and just highlighted how poor Leeds were when it came to all our four. If that was Carragher everyone in our fanbase would be up in arms.

Do you think for one second that’s what Carragher would do when it came to Liverpool? Or anyone would do, for that matter, for anyone else?

He literally just talked about how poor Leeds were.
He is a Leeds fan tbf

What the fu&k are punditry skills???? Is it talking crap about a job you have either failed at or never had the guts to do cause that covers most of them.
I don’t know. You are calling these pundits out, perhaps you need to define what skills they should have and why people should listen to you.

They are talking about a game that they played at the highest level at for 15 years. They don’t just speak about management skills. They point out tactics and use their experience to describe how players feel at certain points in a game/season.

Neville will have done his coaching badges, so will be qualified to be a manager.

You don’t, however, need to be qualified to have an opinion on whether a manager is failing or not.

I bet you didn’t enjoy our play under Alan Ball, but I hope you never asked for him to be sacked as you’d be a hypocrite. You’ve never had the balls or guts to be a manager, so you can’t possibly have an opinion on any manager.

I don’t know. You are calling these pundits out, perhaps you need to define what skills they should have and why people should listen to you.

They are talking about a game that they played at the highest level at for 15 years. They don’t just speak about management skills. They point out tactics and use their experience to describe how players feel at certain points in a game/season.

Neville will have done his coaching badges, so will be qualified to be a manager.

You don’t, however, need to be qualified to have an opinion on whether a manager is failing or not.

I bet you didn’t enjoy our play under Alan Ball, but I hope you never asked for him to be sacked as you’d be a hypocrite. You’ve never had the balls or guts to be a manager, so you can’t possibly have an opinion on any manager.
Bit harsh. Football is all about opinions otherwise what’s the point?

Again if they are so good why are they stuck in a studio and not down at the touchline.

The real problem here isn’t Micah or any pundit for that matter, no matter how loathsome some of them are.

The real problem is the time devoted to “analysis”. Somehow we the audience have allowed a situation to develop wherein the broadcasters foist endless inane chit chat on us when all we want is to see the match or the highlights then have a brief couple of minutes talking about the important moments and then adios.

Somebody posted MOTD highlights of our 81 win at Peterborough on here. It was roughly 15 mins of footy with just one commentator (with no muppet alongside him chirping up every half minute to discuss irrelevancies) talking us through the action and then a minute or so post game reflecting on it. Perfection.

The real problem here isn’t Micah or any pundit for that matter, no matter how loathsome some of them are.

The real problem is the time devoted to “analysis”. Somehow we the audience have allowed a situation to develop wherein the broadcasters foist endless inane chit chat on us when all we want is to see the match or the highlights then have a brief couple of minutes talking about the important moments and then adios.

Somebody posted MOTD highlights of our 81 win at Peterborough on here. It was roughly 15 mins of footy with just one commentator (with no muppet alongside him chirping up every half minute to discuss irrelevancies) talking us through the action and then a minute or so post game reflecting on it. Perfection.
In my view it's BT Sport who have really made things worse. They've introduced terrible things that other football broadcasters have taken on for some stupid reason.

As if one co-commentator wasn't enough, they've now added another; that little screen in the corner that pops up during games for no reason; Peter Walton; pundits as "characters" with "roles" like 'Fletch' and 'Sav'; Michael Owen, Jermaine Jenas etc.

Not only that but their coverage of the Champions League is absolutely pathetic. You re-watch big European games from when ITV had the rights and Clive Tyldesley alone is leagues ahead of whatever BT Sport do. The games don't feel as big as they used to because their coverage is so, so flat.

Amazon have got it right, I reckon. Simplistic coverage, maybe a presenter with a couple of studio guests, then two commentators who genuinely enjoy what they're doing, plus the option to mute if you don't fancy listening to them. They let the football do the talking.

I really hope BT lose the rights soon. It's turned into a vehicle for their pundits to get themselves into "viral videos" on social media. Savage embarrassing himself with that "Two words: Viva Ronaldo, goodnight!" earlier this season was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever heard, and all to make the night about himself.

The video below is from the BT Sport YouTube channel but they've used ITV's coverage. You can criticise Clive Tyldesley for a few things but one thing he always understood was drama - how to absorb it from the crowd, put it into his words, and then communicate it to your living room.

You can feel every single moment of his excitement and joy while he commentates on this game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.