Micah Richards the pundit

I think you’re being a bit unfair. He consistently backs the club in the media, but you’re taking exception to one fairly innocuous article.
Unfair how, don't recall mentioning the article once in any posts.
I only pointed out he should be allowed to be as biased as Neville and Carragher.

Maybe my memory is clouded, but I don’t remember ex-United pundits really sticking the knife in when we were shit either? Tended to be a similar condescending tone that Micah adopted from what I can recall, i.e. sad to see such a big club becoming a laughing stock.
No but post-2008 takeover, up until a maybe the end of Pep’s second season, that’s exactly what they did at every little opportunity.

They’ve still got a bee in their bonnets

I felt pretty pissed off with him when he says "I didn't like to see United struggle last season"
I didn't feel that represented the feelings of City fans, after decades of them laughing at us.
Micah didn’t go to school in Manchester as a City fan with United fans in his class, he didn’t have United fan neighbours or family members while growing up in Manchester as a City fan, he’s probably been on friendly terms with a lot of United players over the years…

Micah might well be a City fan now, but he’s not lived the life of a City fan like lifelong Mancunian City fans have. Micah never experienced the years of piss taking and Rags being cunts with us, because he grew up in Leeds and supported Arsenal.

Micah didn’t go to school in Manchester as a City fan with United fans in his class, he didn’t have United fan neighbours or family members while growing up in Manchester as a City fan, he’s probably been on friendly terms with a lot of United players over the years…

Micah might well be a City fan now, but he’s not lived the life of a City fan like lifelong Mancunian City fans have. Micah never experienced the years of piss taking and Rags being cunts with us, because he grew up in Leeds and supported Arsenal.
*Every Irish City fan of a certain age looks to camera and nods*

Agreed. It’s no accident that Nedum never gets mainstream work.

After his assured, polished, genuinely top notch work for the BBC on the AFCON a guy like him should have been a shoe in for Sky or BT panels. He’s easy on the eye, articulate, affable and has strong links to the dominant club of this era.

He’d make absolute mincemeat of Nev and Carra and Wio
Nedum has been offered contracts from all the broadcasters he's said he wants to remain independent and its not necessarily what he wants to do full time

What’s he on about?

We’ve lost 4 of the last 6 home derbies.

Our record in the last 7 home and away is: P7 W3 D1 L3 F8 A6
and in the last 19 against them: P19 W8 D3 L8 F23 A21

So how could they have possibly have been too easy? They’ve taken more points off us than anyone in a time we’ve finished ahead of them every season.

Do pundits only work when the camera is switched on? Do any of them ever keep records or do any research? They’re nearly all clueless.

Our record against them actually pisses me off. Its just plain weird. Sure any team can have the odd upset but it's been pretty bad from our side.

Only got around to reading the article this morning, but can't really see what the fuss is about. It's just a ghost written piece where he's probably expected to show a degree of impartiality for a wider audience. Sad to see people turning on someone who clearly loves the club, just for that.
Yep. Nowhere in the article does he say "Even for a true blue, I didn't enjoy seeing United struggle so badly last season." He does say he didn't enjoy the derbies being so one-sided, and that he was looking at the screen though his fingers at their games last season wondering where they would end up. Neither is terrible imo and he does say he doesn't want to see them doing well.

So basically, the fuss isn't even about an article that he didn't write himself. It is about something the article doesn't even say and about a headline probably written by someone other than even the ghost-writer.

He doesn't come across as particularly bright and he should maybe take more control over what is actually written, but this is a non-issue really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.