Micah Richards the pundit

Says a lot about some blues when there is a thread dedicated to mainly slating one of ex players for no other reason than in their subjective opinion is that his personality isn't to their taste.

He has never done or said anything to warrant some of the insults banded on here.

Whilst he is an ex player, he isn't mancunian and as never claimed he is a lifelong blue, so what do people expect from him? Belting out versus of blue moon li e on air whilst elbow dropping the likes of spitty?

He's just a happy guy who is a bit much for some people. When you look around the media and wider afield in the world today, it's a shame there aren't more happy go lucky people like Micah.
As long as he's happy then. I can put up with him being tactically illiterate and failing to make intelligent responses.
I should treat him like Benny from Crossroads.

Last edited:
Says a lot about some blues when there is a thread dedicated to mainly slating one of ex players for no other reason than in their subjective opinion is that his personality isn't to their taste.

He has never done or said anything to warrant some of the insults banded on here.

Whilst he is an ex player, he isn't mancunian and as never claimed he is a lifelong blue, so what do people expect from him? Belting out versus of blue moon li e on air whilst elbow dropping the likes of spitty?

He's just a happy guy who is a bit much for some people. When you look around the media and wider afield in the world today, it's a shame there aren't more happy go lucky people like Micah.

Maybe you are right.

But I've seen a number of posters including myself meet him on nights out and he was a bit of a dick.

His autobiography is a good read, I enjoyed him when he played for City (especially that goal at villa) but the last few seasons he's become the pundit we all worried he'd become.

Because they couldn't possibly watch it later or be unlucky enough to catch him on another programme or match.
Or they simply can't get to games.
Yes they could mute him - but why should they - they pay a lot for the substandard pundit content.
Look, he's a nice lad and is clearly enjoying his post playing fame - far more than the majority of us are

Maybe you are right.

But I've seen a number of posters including myself meet him on nights out and he was a bit of a dick.

His autobiography is a good read, I enjoyed him when he played for City (especially that goal at villa) but the last few seasons he's become the pundit we all worried he'd become.
I've met him in person at a bar in Manchester Airport and can say hand on heart he was the most likeable, polite and down to earth footballer/celebrity/human I have ever met.

He instigated a conversation with me about City at length (as I was wearing a city themed hoodie), he asked if I wanted to hang around a bit and even offered to take the selfie I asked for himself as his arms were longer :-)

I don’t have sky and you can’t hear him when I occasionally watch the game in the pub. Obviously, I’m lucky enough to see most of our matches live. When I see him on match of the day his contributions are fine. His analysis occasionally offers fresh insights that’s as much as anyone really.

I’m bemused that people keep moaning about Micah. Especially when it’s often in relation to his appearances on a platform where many Blues raved about the analysis of “rat boy” Gary Neville.

The comparisons with Nedum (who I rate highly) are woeful too.I’m not talking about you bye. Nobody gets everything right. Nedum said on Sunday that City always beat the bottom half of the table teams. OK we beat Utd but had only recently lost to Wolves. Nobody is perfect.

I've met him in person at a bar in Manchester Airport and can say hand on heart he was the most likeable, polite and down to earth footballer/celebrity/human I have ever met.

He instigated a conversation with me about City at length (as I was wearing a city themed hoodie), he asked if I wanted to hang around a bit and even offered to take the selfie I asked for himself as his arms were longer :-)

The only time I've met him was at our Puma kit launch, didn't want to acknowledge anyone, ignored people was stood around getting drunk

Lescott and others were the complete opposite.

Suppose it's all in the moment :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.