Micah Richards the pundit

I'm not sure how to answer an idea that innate racism doesn't exist. I said outgoing Black men get treated differently, not that everyone who doesnt love him is a NF member. Thats not the same thing.
Not a million miles away from it though is it? Inborn racism now! - And incredibly assumptive and insulting.

I'm not sure how to answer an idea that innate racism doesn't exist.

This thread's getting pretty toxic all round, so this'll be my last post on this particular thread.

But excuse me: are you saying, then, that you do believe that such a thing as innate racism exists? That is, that a baby — any baby — at birth, can be a racist, or even have a tendency to racism?
Surely you don't, @Damocles? You've posted plenty of good things over the years, and I think you are, or have been, a mod. I must have misunderstood your post, because I can't really credit you with such a belief.

I'm not sure how to answer an idea that innate racism doesn't exist. I said outgoing Black men get treated differently, not that everyone who doesnt love him is a NF member. Thats not the same thing.

No one said racism, innate or otherwise, doesn't exist. Unless I missed it.

The only conclusion that could be drawn from your post, in this thread, at this time, when Richards is getting hammered for being a dreadful pundit, is that people who are hammering him for being a dreadful pundit are doing it because they are treating him differently as an outgoing black man with a big personality.

By all means say "some of you will be treating Richards differently because he is an outgoing black man with a big personality". Unpleasant though that is, it is probably true. Equally unpleasant, though, is to make it a generalisation for everybody who thinks Richards is a God awful pundit.

Last edited:
Not a million miles away from it though is it? Inborn racism now! - And incredibly assumptive and insulting.

This thread's getting pretty toxic all round, so this'll be my last post on this particular thread.

But excuse me: are you saying, then, that you do believe that such a thing as innate racism exists? That is, that a baby — any baby — at birth, can be a racist, or even have a tendency to racism?
Surely you don't, @Damocles? You've posted plenty of good things over the years, and I think you are, or have been, a mod. I must have misunderstood your post, because I can't really credit you with such a belief.

I just used the incorrect term, I meant implicit rather than innate. There's an implicit bias that some people hold against BAME people due to the society they were born into and I didn't think that was a particularly controversial opinion.

Specifically, outgoing Black men are often negatively associated with being "loud" or "flamboyant" or other characteristics. I'm not sure why yoi think I've called everyone a racist by pointing out that outgoing Black men often face this as an issue, and as an outgoing Black man then Richards would face this issue.

I just used the incorrect term, I meant implicit rather than innate. There's an implicit bias that some people hold against BAME people due to the society they were born into and I didn't think that was a particularly controversial opinion.

Specifically, outgoing Black men are often negatively associated with being "loud" or "flamboyant" or other characteristics. I'm not sure why yoi think I've called everyone a racist by pointing out that outgoing Black men often face this as an issue, and as an outgoing Black man then Richards would face this issue.

No problem with that.

It is possible to criticise anyone without being racist or sexist etc. Redknapp, Micah, K***e, C***agher are all shite pundits. Nothing to do with the colour of their skin. They bring very little or nothing to the table in my opinion.

I don't like Danny Murphy but when he's not being biased towards Liverpool he's a decent pundit. Nedum Onuoha, Rachel Brown-Finnis, Izzy Christiansen and Shay Given are very good pundits. They bring real tactical insight into the game, and are authentic - not driven by an agenda. It's not because they are a certain ethnic group or gender - I just think they are very good.

I hate to say it because Micah is a lovely lad, but he makes me cringe as a pundit. It's not because he's outgoing. It's mainly because he panders to the redshirt cartel and is way to matey with K***e and C***agher. I single him out at the end here, because he's one of our own and I'm disappointed. No other reason.

Not sure there is this "outgoing black male" syndrome you're peddling. Obviously you're extremely race conscious - but ultimately in this case - most on here just think Micah is a terrible pundit that they'd rather not pay a licence fee or subscription towards. Nothing to do with race

It is possible to criticise anyone without being racist or sexist etc. Redknapp, Micah, K***e, C***agher are all shite pundits. Nothing to do with the colour of their skin. They bring very little or nothing to the table in my opinion.

I don't like Danny Murphy but when he's not being biased towards Liverpool he's a decent pundit. Nedum Onuoha, Rachel Brown-Finnis, Izzy Christiansen and Shay Given are very good pundits. They bring real tactical insight into the game, and are authentic - not driven by an agenda. It's not because they are a certain ethnic group or gender - I just think they are very good.

I hate to say it because Micah is a lovely lad, but he makes me cringe as a pundit. It's not because he's outgoing. It's mainly because he panders to the redshirt cartel and is way to matey with K***e and C***agher. I single him out at the end here, because he's one of our own and I'm disappointed. No other reason.
Your not a decent pundit if you are biased to one club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.