Micah Richards the pundit

I don’t think it’s a case of defending us per se it’s about fairness, use of facts and not having a preconceived agenda - that’s what I want to see.
I don’t want to see yet another fan boy.
Regrettably, from what I’ve seen and heard, he just comes across as a bit thick.

I don’t think he is thick but get the impression he has not styled himself as a person to really get involved in the meatier debates on football.

Probably like a lot of us he just wants to discuss the sport, and stays clear of the financial side, FFP, complexities of ownership/sponsorship etc.

His punditry is a bit like a type of friend we all have. Avoid the heavier more sobering side of life and seem a lot more happier for it.

If I was a pundit I'd obviously start off pro City, defending us against the constant wave of shite. Then I'd come on here as Anon and start to see how people were still calling me a **** anyway because I said something based on facts to keep my job that they disagreed with. Then I imagine after getting a huge pay rise being on wages that would set me up comfortably coming out of a meeting with my bosses who'd said you need to tone the bias down a bit, need to appear more on the fence - here's a basic script of what we need you to say - in order for us to continue to pay you then I'd probably choose that over being some pro City hero that was then out of a job and who's voice wasn't heard after that point anyway.

The more pressing issue that everybody is forgetting is he's an official "Man City Ambassador"

micah.png

So he should technically abide by the 'party whip' right? But the club themselves don't really care about enforcing a 'party whip'.

If the club were as frustrated as some of the posters here, Khaldoon would give him a call.

Micah is a blue, that should be enough.

No he isnt , he just happened to play here , he is self confessed arses fan , now not in the past . He never sticks up for us , repeatedly agreed peps handling of phil was wrong and that he should go out on loan just one example , he is a twat
Following is an excerpt from his autobiography which confirms this:

Most agents have at least one high-profile client, someone who is a top man at their club, and they often use them to act as a kind of advert for their services. Jerome Anderson knew I was an Arsenal fan as a kid, so as he was trying to convince me to join him he got Ian Wright to give me a call. Wrighty didn’t try and sell me anything.

The only time he mentions being a club ambassador is for banter about Scott Carson owing him money as he thinks Scott's performance for England vs Croatia cost him a few England caps in not qualifying for the Euro 2008 tournament which would've triggered a clause in his contract to increase his wages.

think he's a good balance with Lineker and Shearer, has his annoying moments like when he laughs hysterically over something he's said, that aside he brings a bit of entertainment and light heartedness at times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.