Micah Richards

Micah is a good lad with a nice personality but in football terms he is not now up to being at a top 4/6 club.

Saturday IMO proves Pelli doesnt rate him and he was off at half time, yes I know all the 11 could have been taken off but Micah just doesnt fit the team.

Werent we interested in the lad from Leeds Byrom.

kippaxchris said:
Kun Aguero said:
Agree with the above. Just been thinking about homegrown right backs, I've came up with a list of players who could do a job for us, be it at home to a team near the bottom or away at Stamford Bridge and will fit into our style.

Seamus Coleman
Glen Johnson
Kyle Walker
Nathanial Clyne
Callum Chambers

Coleman would cost a fortune so he's ruled out, same with Walker. Chambers hasn't had 30 starts yet so he's ruled out. So that leaves Clyne or Johnson, in the summer Johnson will have 1 year left on his contract so that will reduce his value. Perhaps offer Micah and 5 million pounds?

Micah and 5 million for Johnson? Never! He's terrible and we don't nesecerally need an English or home grown right back . I think Bardsley is a very good right back though and could do a job for us

Bardsley's nowhere near good enough for us, whilst a City legend he's an average whole hearted full back.

As for the proposed Micah + cash for Glen Johnson idea, Liverpool would never accept a straight swap.

Just to back up micah. He was class this time last year and has helped us to memorable victorys like the 6-1. what is it with city fans! a player has some bad games after an injury and the reaction is sell him. like joe hart, kolarov etc. get a grip.

I'm sorry to have to say this. But Micah is not the player we want him to be. He has shown weaknesses over the last 18 months from a tactical point of view. Maybe it is the injuries but he just does not have the awareness for where he is meant to be or reads the play well.

Its a shame - I think Mancini knew it and MP does too.

Maybe those same weaknesses had been identified by Capello too

Maybe 6 month Injury free and plenty of games may help but I personally don't think so.

Last year we were saying we were blessed as we had the best full backs in the league with Micah and Zaba on the right and Kolarov and Clichy on the left.

I say we show some faith, people barking about us needing to replace Micah and Clichy just because they've not been up-to their best form recently. They have the quality just show some faith in them.

Many of you have said, "give him more time, he just recovered from an injury" , "he will be an good addition with pace and power to our team when fit". My question is, how long will you wait for him to overcome his injury problems?
His injury record:

Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2013 December 10th
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2013 August 15th
Cartilage Knee Injury Manchester City Injuries 2012 October 27th
Ankle/Foot Injury Manchester City Injuries 2012 August 4th
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2012 April 20th
Head Injury Manchester City Injuries 2012 March 31st
Knock Manchester City Injuries 2012 February 29th
Knock Manchester City Injuries 2012 February 22nd
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2012 January 16th
Calf/Shin Injury Manchester City Injuries 2011 December 21st
Calf/Shin Injury Manchester City Injuries 2011 December 5th
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2011 September 1st
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2011 May 26th
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2011 March 25th
Calf Muscle Strain Manchester City Injuries 2011 February 24th
Concussion Manchester City Injuries 2011 February 3rd
Ankle/Foot Injury Manchester City Injuries 2011 February 1st
Back Injury Manchester City Injuries 2011 January 14th
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2010 September 23rd
Virus Manchester City Injuries 2010 August 29th
Knee Injury Manchester City Injuries 2010 April 10th
Calf Muscle Strain Manchester City Injuries 2010 January 31st
Groin Strain Manchester City Injuries 2010 January 2nd
Knee Injury Manchester City Injuries 2009 December 5th
Shoulder Injury Manchester City Injuries 2009 September 20th
Knee Injury Manchester City Injuries 2009 April 25th
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2009 March 1st
Ankle/Foot Injury Manchester City Injuries 2009 February 7th
Hamstring Injury Manchester City Injuries 2008 December 26th
Sprained Ankle Manchester City Injuries 2008 November 30th
Sprained Ankle Manchester City Injuries 2008 October 20th
Shoulder Injury Manchester City Injuries 2008 August 31st
Concussion Manchester City Injuries 2008 August 24th
Knee Injury Manchester City Injuries 2008 February 28th
Knee Injury Manchester City Injuries 2007 November 2nd
Calf Muscle Strain Manchester City Injuries 2007 March 30th
Hip/Thigh Injury Manchester City Injuries 2006 December 15th
Calf Muscle Strain Manchester City Injuries 2006 October 13th
Knee Injury Manchester City Injuries 2006 February 24th

As you can see, he had some serious injury problems which accounted for his absence in important parts of the season. There is simply no way of telling when he will sustain another injury, hence Zabaleta,being Zabaleta, is preferred for the right back role. This is evident in the title winning season and season after where Zabaleta was the clear first choice when when Richards had returned from injury. Would any Manager rely on a player with a poor injury record in a trophy chasing team?

we cannot even depend on Richards to be the second choice/squad player. Squad players must be ready and capable of stepping in when managers want to rotate or the first choice player being unfit. Take the match against Bayern and watford for example, two games which were supposed to help integrate Richards into the team but it didn't work out that way. With due respect to Watford and even though i did not watch that game, it certainly was the most suitable game to reintroduce him compared to the PL games.

That said, he has a fantastic personality and he never fails to crack me up in the CityTv episodes. I never hope to see him fail in his career nor want him to leave City. Unfortunately, the Management are running a tight ship here and when that day comes, i will understand and sadly, accept the decision. Hopefully, others will too as well.

Players will always get injuries. I think Richards on form is a great man for Zaba to have as competition for places. If we get a player who cant compete in to replace Richards then there is little or no competition for Zabba. In England only 1 player could do it and its Coleman I would even say Coleman has been the best right back this season in the league. He has gone up some amounts of levels at Everton no wonder all the top clubs in England are all tracking him and he will end up moving onto a big team. Why not City? I just think Zabba needs someone at the club to push him. Richards does that at the moment a fully fit Richards as in Match fit then there is no need to bring in Coleman but I would rather Coleman over anyone else to replace Richards.

How this guy is still at the club is beyond me, his first half performance against watford is up there with the worse individual performances I've ever seen both goals he was at fault so out of shape unfit and slow looking. Surely he wont play again for the club, Boyata is a better option and thats saying something we definitely need back up at right back hes not been good enough for 3 years now. Id rather play with ten men

leighton said:
Players will always get injuries. I think Richards on form is a great man for Zaba to have as competition for places. If we get a player who cant compete in to replace Richards then there is little or no competition for Zabba. In England only 1 player could do it and its Coleman I would even say Coleman has been the best right back this season in the league. He has gone up some amounts of levels at Everton no wonder all the top clubs in England are all tracking him and he will end up moving onto a big team. Why not City? I just think Zabba needs someone at the club to push him. Richards does that at the moment a fully fit Richards as in Match fit then there is no need to bring in Coleman but I would rather Coleman over anyone else to replace Richards.

Richards is beyond USELESS

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.