Micah Richards

CityReg said:
He's not a true blue? He's as close as anyone in our current squad or in recent memory. the man loves this football club. has said on record time and time again he wants to be a one club man. loyalty in football is shot to bits. Fans dismissing Micah proves that.

Why won't he sign the contract then ?

domination said:
CityReg said:
He's not a true blue? He's as close as anyone in our current squad or in recent memory. the man loves this football club. has said on record time and time again he wants to be a one club man. loyalty in football is shot to bits. Fans dismissing Micah proves that.

Because he's a dick. We've supported him through injury after injury, virtually every year he's been with us. We need not just a back up to Zabba but an equal. I still think Richards is that man, someone to play 30+ games a season, and interchange that right back slot.

If he leaves he'll end up like Adam Johnson a nobody imo.

Micah sign the contract son!!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
domination said:
CityReg said:

Because he's a dick. We've supported him through injury after injury, virtually every year he's been with us. We need not just a back up to Zabba but an equal. I still think Richards is that man, someone to play 30+ games a season, and interchange that right back slot.

If he leaves he'll end up like Adam Johnson a nobody imo.

Micah sign the contract son!!

agreed! come on Micah

prove yourself fit again and then you can negotiate from a position of strength

stay Micah you are City through and through

gmckennasell said:
CityReg said:

your interpretation of a "true blue" differs from mine , i consider Mike Doyle , Glyn Pardoe , Alan Oakes , Richard Edghill ,Paul Lake , David White type players "true blues" born in the area , city supporters and coming through our academy . My comments are not dismissing Micah at all , the club has moved on , we are one of the top 10 in europe , and one of the things i will miss most as a city supporter is watching a "true blue" play for my club , if Micah proved me wrong , i couldnt be happier , because he is probably as near to a "true blue we are ever likely to see.

Alan Oakes was a Wolves fan !!

People saying Micah must stay need to get a grip £4M+ in wages for a player who we can never pick you are having a laugh and the other downside to that is Zabaletta never gets a proper break either

Micah's time has been and gone we need a new fit number 2 RB and that means Micah has to go
OR
we might s well save his wages and just carry on playing Zabaletta every game and another £4M goes towards FFP compliance and that also means Micah has to go

there is no room for sentiment and for the last couple of years Micah has not earned his wages and I am not even sure even if he could get back to his one time best if that would be good enough for where the team is now and that means he really does have to go Blue or not

For whatever reasons people choose to believe he has not developed from the promise initially shown - that was a long time ago and very brief.

Some people might think it is down to injuries others that he got billy big bollocks when he got his big contract - whatever he is nowhere near the level (IMO) needed for our squad (let alone a good option to start).

For me he has clearly not got a footballing brain and a manager and team mates could not rely on him to perform a planned role - this makes him not good enough at RB and a total liability at CB.

Life moves on - he has done very well at CITY - the club has shown him tremendous loyalty and patience - he can retire if he wants to at such a young age!!

When you look back objectively - without the misty eyed nostalgia - his good displays/period were limited indeed. Anyway no need to criticise - CITY just need to move on in the calm and professional manner that typifies our club nowadays.

This week I read some telling comments from Pellegrini on Richards and Rodwell saying that these players could not play with the intensity required because of the injuries and games they had missed.

Unfortunately I can't find the article now

That maybe true. But who is to blame for that? Not the players. Poor management

I think Pellegrini has done a good job, but in this period in the season we need a full squad, and we have effectively lost two key players.

If they play today, they will be below their potential level. That's maybe why Pellegrini doesn't play them, but he allowed that situation to develop. It's hard to apportion blame, when maybe there is none, but I think there were occasions when they could have played earlier in the season.

If these players leave in the Summer, they will go on to do very well elsewhere.

mcfc1632 said:
For whatever reasons people choose to believe he has not developed from the promise initially shown - that was a long time ago and very brief.

Some people might think it is down to injuries others that he got billy big bollocks when he got his big contract - whatever he is nowhere near the level (IMO) needed for our squad (let alone a good option to start).

For me he has clearly not got a footballing brain and a manager and team mates could not rely on him to perform a planned role - this makes him not good enough at RB and a total liability at CB.

Life moves on - he has done very well at CITY - the club has shown him tremendous loyalty and patience - he can retire if he wants to at such a young age!!

When you look back objectively - without the misty eyed nostalgia - his good displays/period were limited indeed. Anyway no need to criticise - CITY just need to move on in the calm and professional manner that typifies our club nowadays.

The good days were most of them, bar the last 18 months. Micah played an important role in us winning the league and he didn't get his England caps at Costco.

I agree that it is probably time or Micah to move on. However, the facts are that on balance, both us / the Club and Micah have benefitted a lot from his City career.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.