Micah Richards

For what he has played or been able to contribute,i'd bite their hands off if anyone offers anywhere near £10 million !

article-2575272-14592EBA000005DC-817_634x424.jpg

I'd rather he signed his five year extension; get in there Micah!!

Neville Kneville said:
pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
City have offered him close to £80k a week but Micah left that deal on the table since last summer.

He wanted to see his position in the team and what else might be out there for him.

He also knows he is in a stronger position to lower his asking price, with 12 months remaining on his contract. Oldham also have a 20 per cent sell-on clause.

Believe it has got to the stage where it suits both parties to go separate ways, although Micah will struggle to get that type of money anywhere else, even with 12 months left.

I believe Micah holding out for more actually is a side effect of the Homegrown rules for the Champions League and Premier League as Micah knows he has considerable value to us as he is one of very few club trained Homegrown players we have.

It could be as a result of these rules we end up with highly paid but not that good players having a place in our squad due to the fact they give us another body in the Champions league squad.

Surely it can't just be down to money ?

How could he possibly be sure he will get a better offer ? From who ? Even if he did get a better offer, how much more could it possibly be ? Not that much better surely.

If he's not signing, imo there must be more considerations than purely the money.

I agree. I think he knows he will never displace Zaba as first choice so is waiting for an offer where he's guaranteed starter. Such a shame as he was actually our first choice RB and playing really well bombing down the right but then the injuries hit and Zaba took his chance. In an ideal world he'd get over his injuries and play a part in our squad but I think his time with us is coming to an end and will be a sad day when he does go.

Feel for Micah, proper City lad. Just wish he'd have been coached properly in his early teens so they may have been able to instill some composure, concentration and footballing skills to go with his strength and power. I suppose one could argue that you just cant change someone that has an inate "gung ho" personality. i think its this total commitment he has why he gets so many injuries, he just cant help himself from going all out.

worsleyweb said:
80k a week for 5 years - can play 25 games a season shared with zabba. He should bite our hands off.

That would be 20 million wages.
and the last time he played 25 games in one season was........?

-- Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:49 am --

Neville Kneville said:
pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
City have offered him close to £80k a week but Micah left that deal on the table since last summer.

He wanted to see his position in the team and what else might be out there for him.

He also knows he is in a stronger position to lower his asking price, with 12 months remaining on his contract. Oldham also have a 20 per cent sell-on clause.

Believe it has got to the stage where it suits both parties to go separate ways, although Micah will struggle to get that type of money anywhere else, even with 12 months left.

I believe Micah holding out for more actually is a side effect of the Homegrown rules for the Champions League and Premier League as Micah knows he has considerable value to us as he is one of very few club trained Homegrown players we have.

It could be as a result of these rules we end up with highly paid but not that good players having a place in our squad due to the fact they give us another body in the Champions league squad.

Surely it can't just be down to money ?

How could he possibly be sure he will get a better offer ? From who ? Even if he did get a better offer, how much more could it possibly be ? Not that much better surely.

If he's not signing, imo there must be more considerations than purely the money.

If he sees his current contract out then signing for another club will quite comfortably satisfy those points you make when his 'transfer deal' (say $10m) is all divided up and added into his weekly salary of anywhere between 50K - 80K a week minimum

If he doesn't want to sign a new contract, he can do one.

I don't understand why everyone is saying that he's a true blue. The guy doesn't even want to be here and fight for his place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.