Micah Richards

Micah was better in the 2nd half.

If Pellegrini was that unhappy with him he had the players on the bench to change it

You can't blame Micah for demichelis's challenge.

I thought I'd seen Micah play his last game for us against Watford in the FA Cup, as he was bad in that game and substituted at half time, but today he was terrible, I have some wonderful memories of Micah but I think his days at City are numbered, If that is the case I wish him all the very best for the future

richards is not match fit , i thought he had a decent 2nd half , but his final ball was poor , he needs a run of games , but it appears MP does not rate any of our english players .

He was poor today no doubt. However he just needs more game time, you could tell he looked out of touch. As for Clichy, well...I don't know what's happened to him.

He did ok in the second half but that's because he got so much space. There are certain players that our team don't trust on the ball and Micah is one of them, many bypassed him today to look for Milner/Navas and only gave it Micah for him to run on to. It's a shame because he's such a great lad and one of our own, but he simply isn't good enough anymore.

Not good enough. Will be off soon. Not worth 80k a week.

Pringletelli said:
He did ok in the second half but that's because he got so much space. There are certain players that our team don't trust on the ball and Micah is one of them, many bypassed him today to look for Milner/Navas and only gave it Micah for him to run on to. It's a shame because he's such a great lad and one of our own, but he simply isn't good enough anymore.

Excellent summary, sadly

quiet_riot said:
MCFCinUSA said:
had he of been the other side of the post today with his side-footed effort you'd all be congratulating him.

He wasn't even close to hitting the target.

from the Grauniad report:

Nonetheless there were 23 minutes left for Wigan to hold on and soon Micah Richards was curling a shot inches wide. Then, with 10 minutes left, Emmerson Boyce extraordinarily turned James Milner's cross over his own bar with Edin Dzeko waiting to tap home. A minute later, Carson saved from Sergio Agüero. Then, as Carson stood still, Dzeko headed wide.

actually the whole report was pretty on the money & well balanced:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/mar/09/manchester-city-wigan-athletic-fa-cup" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... tic-fa-cup</a>

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
He actually tried to hide today, which is the saddest part of his performance.

Micah doesn't know of he's coming or going, ran continually into Navas' space and was generally ten feet away from the man he was supposed to be picking up.

Pellegrini, time and again, came to the touchline in that first half to tell him to move up.

Both goals, including the penalty were down to him, Demichelis, having to come over and make a stupid challenge in the right back slot.

Him and Clichy, horrible, just horrible.

Both are poor and should be fucked off as soon as possible. Some clown gave clichy a new contract though. Christ knows why.

Iv got to disagree , i was watching these conversations quite closely , Micah wanted to push on in the first and that looked like the plan but Wigan left two up and clichy was pushed up most of the time, MD was then or seemed to be a bit panicky about having to actually mark a Wigan player , he was pulling Micah in so he could go spare.
Ok , i understand the logic but we don't play like this against top flight teams, let alone wigan(no disrespect)- both our full backs are normally pushing on, this gives us our width and combination play down the flanks, so there was confusion in the first half but as iv already said, play vinnie and there's no confusion- he would mark and defend allowing Micah to carry out the game plan.

How was the first goal micahs fault , it was a centre forward who absolutely turned MD inside out and yet again instead of just tracking him and force a mistake tried to get something on the ball and coaught the player - penalty !!
Its getting boring having to explain week in week out why and what is MD's fault.
I dont think there was even that much for the kid to pass to as he was running towards goal, i think we would have dealt with it.

The second goal, MD never recovered his position , was still outside of Micah .
Crosses get past full backs all the time , do we condemn zab if a cross comes in - NO !
If he'd have dived in and stopped the cross but caught the man and give a penalty away he would have been absolutely crucified by some of you lot on here, its plainly obvious some of you want him to fail.
If we swapped just zab for Micah today would we have won the game - i dont think so somehow .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.