Micah Richards

Bigga said:
I'm no cynic said:
mrn1981 said:
Anyone know how he's doing in Italy?
According to soccerway, like he was with us.

2 lineups
2 sub appearances
2 substituted
15 named on bench

I'm actually quite pleased with that. It intimates 'progress'. The only things keeping him out is learning the system, learning the language and getting fit. Apart from those obvious things, the stand out thing is he's been available to be picked.

That's an improvement.

Good luck to the kid.

Well, remember you have 12 bench places in Italy ;)

Neville Kneville said:
Zabs is a true hero, but his performances for a large part of this season, are not better than Micah Richards. Include yesterday in that.

If that had been Micah, he would have been crucified on here.

It wouldn't have been Micah though Nev,as he'd have been injured.....

As much as I loved watching Micah during his time here, I really do find it laughable how some City fans come out with flippant remarks like "we should've kept him" or "he's miles better than Sagna". Fair play during our title winning season in 2011 he was truly magnificent throughout that campaign but no question his ability dramatically deteriorated shortly after that; hence Zabba coming in to replace him. The fact remains his injury record is truly shocking. Even if he did show glimpses of rekindling that old form again, his prior track record would suggest he'd be out injured for months on end thereafter as proven with this move to Fiorentina - he's barely played a game for them this season!

Let's move on from this please. Wish him all the best like!

Neville Kneville said:
Zabs is a true hero, but his performances for a large part of this season, are not better than Micah Richards. Include yesterday in that.

Even Sagna, who has been quite weak since he's a City player, performs way better than Micah did at any time last year. That's only my opinion, but from what I can recall, Richards seemed totally lost and clueless under Pellegrini all the time. Sagna, to some extent, does his defensive duties considerably well at least. And Zabaleta's still on another level, and yes I do keep in mind his unusually big amount of fuck ups.

Hungarian blue said:
Neville Kneville said:

Even Sagna, who has been quite weak since he's a City player, performs way better than Micah did at any time last year. That's only my opinion, but from what I can recall, Richards seemed totally lost and clueless under Pellegrini all the time. Sagna, to some extent, does his defensive duties considerably well at least. And Zabaleta's still on another level, and yes I do keep in mind his unusually big amount of fuck ups.
Micah is reflecting on the deficiencies of his former training regime while wandering through the Uffizi I'm told.

I always believed Richards over did things in the gym.
Turned into a body builder and got lots of injuries (maybe as a result?).

I know there are some muscular players in the PL who appear to cope, but for me, Richards just turned into a body builder who could play a bit of football. Real shame, but we've moved on in, and whilst I'd love us to move forward with some local lads / academy lads, we can only do that if they're good enough.

The problem Richards has is Fiorentina play a 3-5-2; being a good attacking fullback doesn't mean you can play wingback, as Luke Shaw has discovered at United, in the same way technically accomplished defenders sometimes look out of their depth in midfield.

His issue was not being given enough time to get himself match fit last season; despite Pellegrini lying about their injury status, Rodwell and Richards were inactive last season purely down to a lack of interest in reintegrating them, and have both struggled to rediscover their rhythm at their new clubs. It's a shame because Richards had no qualms about playing as Zabaleta's understudy as long as he was given reasonable game time. Instead he wasn't, Zabaleta is burnt out, and the guy we got to replace him is only here for the money.

Both of our leftbacks are mediocre, and one of Zaba's finest displays in our shirt came on the left against Arsenal a few years back, so we could have brought Micah in for certain games with Pablo on the other side. Instead we signed the epitome of a mercenary, a guy who'd rather spend the final few years of his career sat behind the best right back in Europe for a pay rise than be first choice at a very good club in Arsenal, not to mention the loss of a vital HG player.

Ideally we'd extend Micah's contract on the condition that he'll be loaned out until the blatantly anti-Anglo Pellegrini leaves, with a view to a chance to impress our next manager. He loves the club, and when fit was a real asset to us. Sadly, that won't be the case, but luckily Maffeo looks like he will become a very good understudy and eventual successor to Zab.

.A. said:
The problem Richards has is Fiorentina play a 3-5-2; being a good attacking fullback doesn't mean you can play wingback, as Luke Shaw has discovered at United, in the same way technically accomplished defenders sometimes look out of their depth in midfield.

His issue was not being given enough time to get himself match fit last season; despite Pellegrini lying about their injury status, Rodwell and Richards were inactive last season purely down to a lack of interest in reintegrating them, and have both struggled to rediscover their rhythm at their new clubs. It's a shame because Richards had no qualms about playing as Zabaleta's understudy as long as he was given reasonable game time. Instead he wasn't, Zabaleta is burnt out, and the guy we got to replace him is only here for the money.

Both of our leftbacks are mediocre, and one of Zaba's finest displays in our shirt came on the left against Arsenal a few years back, so we could have brought Micah in for certain games with Pablo on the other side. Instead we signed the epitome of a mercenary, a guy who'd rather spend the final few years of his career sat behind the best right back in Europe for a pay rise than be first choice at a very good club in Arsenal, not to mention the loss of a vital HG player.

Ideally we'd extend Micah's contract on the condition that he'll be loaned out until the blatantly anti-Anglo Pellegrini leaves, with a view to a chance to impress our next manager. He loves the club, and when fit was a real asset to us. Sadly, that won't be the case, but luckily Maffeo looks like he will become a very good understudy and eventual successor to Zab.
wow...you do love bigging up english players...i remember the barkley fest

we wanted to extend micahs contract, he just didnt accept it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.