Micah

Strange decision to leave him out to say the least. Hodgson said it was a choice between Micah & Phil Jones, so he picked Jones.

But i thought it was a choice between Micah & Glen Johnson, and for me it's Micah all day long. I know he hasn't started much at the business end of the season coz Pab Zab has been in such fine form, and G. Johnson may be awesome going forward but he CANNOT defend.

What is it with England managers and Micah?

Maybe he can try for the Olympics instead.

hermy101 said:
BlueTaylor91 said:
Jones over him as well whhhhaaaatttt

Jones isn't there fighting instead of Micah. He is there for cover in midfield cb and rb. Micah owns him at RB but jones is a squad player to cover somewhere if needed.

Jones doesn't belong anywhere near the England squad in any postion

For selfish reasons it's probably a good thing he's not going to the Euro's, but the big problem now is that he's likely to be picked by Pearce for the Olympics, and that means he'll miss a crucial part of our pre-season and the first few games in August.

I'm not English so couldn't care less about the national team, but Hodgson is a joke. Thought he would be a decent manager for England but picking Jones, G Johnson and Downing shows he hasn't got a clue...

Will continue to play an important role for us, great to have players like him and Zabaleta at RB

I know its hard micah but fuck england.

You're better than the chumps who he's picked instead of you.

Just try to enjoy your summer as a CHAMPION.

Oh and tell pearce to go fuck himself as well.

Seriously though, there must be a reason why not Hodgson picked Jones over Micah and why Capello didn't give him a look in. I'm genuinely intrigued, is it because of his attacking mind set or have the recent England managers got no clue? I personally can't figure this one out.

Sturrridge and AJ are on standby yet the likes of Downing, Walcott and Carroll get an automatic place in the squad. I had a good feeling about Woy when he was appointed but now he is falling into the situation of becoming a typical England manager. He hasen't got a clue. Good luck get out of the group stages with that squad.

What a big mistake!
Micah is one of the few players that could fit and be worth in usefulness to any big team.

BlueMooney said:
I really feel for the lad. He's had his best 18 months ever in his football career and has been a regular player and performer in the team that's just won the league, yet he doesn't even get a look in and isn't even on the back-up list should one of the first choice defenders get injured.

He's really upped his game under Mancini; powering up and down the flank, putting in dangerous crosses, but also he's stepped up defensively. I used to worry that he'd go down injured rather than chase back, but he's now the first one back into position. He went through a bad spell of form - as City did - in the transition from Sven to Hughes to Mancini, but when he settled he's been the best English right back in the league, arguably the best right back in the league overall.

For a while he was the defender with the most assists. He ran riot at Old Trafford. And this nonsense about Mancini not trusting him in the final run in is garbage; he was injured when we started our final six (unbeaten) games and Mancini went unchanged, which, unfortunately, left Micah on the bench. He did, however, come on in those games at vital times, so it's obviously nothing to do with Mancini's trust.

It's ridiculous that he's not on the plane and he must be wondering what he's got to do to represent his country.

You're absolutely right, and I thought that was one of his best performances in a City shirt.

He's been picked in many a journo's and pundit's squad, but Hodgson's the only one whose vote counts.

He'll be back in England colours, there's no way anyone's going to keep him out for very long.

Micah is total class, and getting better and better in all respects, on and off the pitch. He's a huge part of our team, and I expect him to be for England too...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.