Micah

His tweet was just plain stupid. He din't need to put "regardless" im his next one either.

Re: Micah Richards - Centre Back

KippaxCitizen said:
SebastianBlue said:
skybluepete said:
And that my friends is all it is " a clumsy tweet".
Stop fucking overreacting will you all.
Social networking eh !!!

A bit more than clumsy, don't you think? It's not as if he was talking off the cuff in a post-match interview, where it is easy to forget to filter yourself or misspeak. He had the benefit of being able to compose the message, read it, edit it, and then post. While he may not have taken as much care as he should have, it was by no means an accident (or clumsy). It was intentional and petulant.

He has always been a City lad to me... But if he's not careful he'll sour a fair few of us to him as he goes.
Micah has always (apart from his stint at Oldham) been a City player but he's always been an Arsenal fan.

One of them is about to change

Basically the club offered him a new deal on improved terms despite his injury record. Micah turned it down as he felt that he wanted to play more football. Now whether that is right or wrong, at the end of the day it's down to the player. The fact that he has turned this down shows that he obviously wants to play more football. Personally I'd much rather this be the case than have him sign a new 4 year deal and spend it on the treatment table or "doing a Wayne Bridge".

We are blessed in the fact that we have one of the best right backs in world football already so it won't be a major loss. Micah has lost his way somewhat and I think that he has made what must have been a really tough decision. Fair play to him for doing this. I do also feel that we have moved on in our style of play, on of the reasons why players like him and Lescott have been left behind. We play the ball out from the back now, hence why Demichelis is a better option than Joleon and why Micah isn't quite what we need. If he leaves this summer, and I'm sure I speak for most blues when I say this, he goes with the love and the blessing that he will always have a place in our hearts. He's our last link back to when things were really bad. Sometimes it's time to move on. That time has come.

Yep he is not suited to our style and also very injury prone. His positional skills were always questionable and in the defensive part of our game being in the right position is key.

6-7m fee would be good for him.

His comments were uncalled for, especially when the club has give him a living only you and I could dream of, his timing is perfected to insult the club, wenger has been one of the driving forces of the hate campaign against our club. A lot of the guys on here are blinded by their loyalty to a player who hasn't improved in the past 3 seasons, it was a nasty comment to insult our owners who have given us all something we couldn't have envisaged in a million years.

mancunial said:
His comments were uncalled for, especially when the club has give him a living only you and I could dream of, his timing is perfected to insult the club, wenger has been one of the driving forces of the hate campaign against our club. A lot of the guys on here are blinded by their loyalty to a player who hasn't improved in the past 3 seasons, it was a nasty comment to insult our owners who have given us all something we couldn't have envisaged in a million years.

Correct. He had some nerve on him with that tweet last night.

I'm not surprised people are so touchy over tweet but it really is very small minded of them. There's plenty about Arsenal that I find irrittating but there are things to admire in the way they are run - I remember when David Berstein met Wenger to get some insight on that - and how they play football.

Micah should have known though that he'd get stick. However, he is entitled to free speech.

Anyhow glad to see there is a story out there about the club minting Micah a medal for the latest title win.

I would still like him to stay, stay fit, and see if he can develop under Pellegrini but he is entitled to seek pastures new in search of more regular football because it is hard to see anyone displacing Zabba from being first choice right back in the near future.

Ray78 said:
He is a lot further from being the player he was in our first title winning season and I doubt he can match the levels of performance. Even then in the crunch games Zaba was the preferred option. He is dreaming if he thinks Arsenal or Liverpool will come calling.
Your forgetting ,even against championship sides Zab who was looking for a rest,had to come on and bail him out.

Thenumber1blue said:
Ray78 said:
He is a lot further from being the player he was in our first title winning season and I doubt he can match the levels of performance. Even then in the crunch games Zaba was the preferred option. He is dreaming if he thinks Arsenal or Liverpool will come calling.
Your forgetting ,even against championship sides Zab who was looking for a rest,had to come on and bail him out.

Are you going to be fair and comment on how bad others played against championship sides or just try to blame a bad performance on one player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.