Micah

RandomJ said:
Fuck sake some of these comments. It's his personal twitter he can say what he wants. The guy is obviously really frustrated and upset at his treatment by the club. Put yourself in his shoes he has been at City since 2001 and at a point he was one of our best players and he had a lot of clubs after his signature but he gave everything for our club every single game. He then plays really well in our first title winning season but then gets injured and Zaba takes his chance and shows what a good player he is and gains the number his spot. Pellegrini then comes in and obviously doesn't rate him some hardly gives him any games to sort his form out.

Yes he was injured a lot this year but he's been fit since mid March but not even getting a spot on the bench. Zaba is rightfully the first choice RB but I feel if Micah was given more games this season when fit he would have gladly signed a new contract and fought for his position next season but instead he feels frozen out of a team he has given most of his professional career to and now wants out. I don't blame him at all and wish him all the best.

We were going for the title and playing catch up so i think pellers was right to not put him in the team,the last thing we needed was micah not being match fit and not having had much experience of playing the new way,it was too risky

karen7 said:
RandomJ said:
Fuck sake some of these comments. It's his personal twitter he can say what he wants. The guy is obviously really frustrated and upset at his treatment by the club. Put yourself in his shoes he has been at City since 2001 and at a point he was one of our best players and he had a lot of clubs after his signature but he gave everything for our club every single game. He then plays really well in our first title winning season but then gets injured and Zaba takes his chance and shows what a good player he is and gains the number his spot. Pellegrini then comes in and obviously doesn't rate him some hardly gives him any games to sort his form out.

Yes he was injured a lot this year but he's been fit since mid March but not even getting a spot on the bench. Zaba is rightfully the first choice RB but I feel if Micah was given more games this season when fit he would have gladly signed a new contract and fought for his position next season but instead he feels frozen out of a team he has given most of his professional career to and now wants out. I don't blame him at all and wish him all the best.

We were going for the title and playing catch up so i think pellers was right to not put him in the team,the last thing we needed was micah not being match fit and not having had much experience of playing the new way,it was too risky

Maybe Micah could have been eased back into games from the bench much earlier in the season. That's what I would have expected for a player coming back from long term injuries. Instead he tended to start the games he played in and was only replaced when knackered or injured.

Clearly Zaba has been far better over the last two seasons and probably been the best right back in the PL. Even Zaba took time to get an understanding going when playing with Jesus who - whilst being fantastic for us - makes unpredictable runs that takes time for an overlapping fullback to learn to complement. Micah through a combination of injury and lack of form didn't get an opportunity to build a partnership with Jesus.

Tim of the Oak said:
karen7 said:
RandomJ said:

Maybe Micah could have been eased back into games from the bench much earlier in the season. That's what I would have expected for a player coming back from long term injuries. Instead he tended to start the games he played in and was only replaced when knackered or injured.

Clearly Zaba has been far better over the last two seasons and probably been the best right back in the PL. Even Zaba took time to get an understanding going when playing with Jesus who - whilst being fantastic for us - makes unpredictable runs that takes time for an overlapping fullback to learn to complement. Micah through a combination of injury and lack of form didn't get an opportunity to build a partnership with Jesus.

Exactly. He hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip by Pellegrini and so now we're losing a player who has given everything to this club but how fickle City fans have become looking at some of these disgusting comments.

Its a hard one, but given the current FPP restrictions and him being the only over 21 thats club trained i think we need to keep him rather than giving him a transfer for a couple of m to a newcastle or west ham type mid table club. If he thinks Arsenal or liverpool would be interested now he's probably proving to be deluded. The Olympics and England rejection when he was by far and away the best english RB shattered his confidence and condition and he's had two really shit seasons full of injuries.

One would hope that as he's been fit for 6-7 weeks now that he with a good pre season he has the chance to get to the same levels as he was at in the 11\12 season. Even at that level of performance Zabs progression would keep him out if both fully fit but would definitely allow for rotation without weakening the squad and allow another forgiener a place in the squad as he would effectively be a free listing for uefa purposes.

hello said:
Its a hard one, but given the current FPP restrictions and him being the only over 21 thats club trained i think we need to keep him rather than giving him a transfer for a couple of m to a newcastle or west ham type mid table club. If he thinks Arsenal or liverpool would be interested now he's probably proving to be deluded. The Olympics and England rejection when he was by far and away the best english RB shattered his confidence and condition and he's had two really shit seasons full of injuries.

One would hope that as he's been fit for 6-7 weeks now that he with a good pre season he has the chance to get to the same levels as he was at in the 11\12 season. Even at that level of performance Zabs progression would keep him out if both fully fit but would definitely allow for rotation without weakening the squad and allow another forgiener a place in the squad as he would effectively be a free listing for uefa purposes.

We offered him a spot on the team but he's not happy with current role. Which is the role he will have for the foreseeable future. He's the one that wants to leave. He will be backup to Zab for at least the next 3 years, he knows that and doesn't want that.

Got a year left, do we cash in or let him run his contract down. Lad doesn't want to be here, been a loyal servant throughout, let him go and hope he does well wherever it may be.

RandomJ said:
Tim of the Oak said:
karen7 said:

Exactly. He hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip by Pellegrini and so now we're losing a player who has given everything to this club but how fickle City fans have become looking at some of these disgusting comments.

Disgusting? Could you give examples?

Also, in what industry is it justified to publicly (just because it is his personal twitter account does not mean it is private—exactly the opposite, in fact, and that was his intent when he chose twitter to express that view) disparage your employers? Perhaps if he had chosen to share his thoughts after a move it would make more sense (though, I'd argue otherwise, even then) but this makes absolutely no sense.

I completely understand why he is unhappy, I probably would be, too (not that I agree he hasn't been given a fair shake). But that doesn't excuse his actions. They are immature. I'm not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

We are probably making a bigger hash of it than is necessary but he should have considered that possible outcome before posting those comments (god knows he has had enough PR training). This is a "what not to do" case study, regardless of why or the outcome.

I love Micah but he's burning bridges over dry creeks right now.

Wenger the great? The very same Wenger who wants City thrown out of Europe?

Well done Micah. Brain the size of a squirrel's nuts!

cookster said:
CitizenTID said:
Jacks77 said:
Yep he is not suited to our style and also very injury prone. His positional skills were always questionable and in the defensive part of our game being in the right position is key.

6-7m fee would be good for him.
Won't get a penny for him, he's out of contract. That doesn't stop us paying some clubs compensation for out of contract players but of course that's not "the right way"

Unless I'm mistaken he has a year left so 6-7M is realistic.

last year of contract: large wage demands: poor injury record :

we will be lucky to get half of that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.