Micah

cookster said:
CitizenTID said:
Jacks77 said:
Yep he is not suited to our style and also very injury prone. His positional skills were always questionable and in the defensive part of our game being in the right position is key.

6-7m fee would be good for him.
Won't get a penny for him, he's out of contract. That doesn't stop us paying some clubs compensation for out of contract players but of course that's not "the right way"

Unless I'm mistaken he has a year left so 6-7M is realistic.
Yeah sorry your right, had it in my head his contract was up (probably from the way he's been speaking). He's still got to see if someone is prepared to pay up for him then. Since we let De Jong go for £3m or there abouts I would be surprised if we got more than £5m for him

Lost some respect with "right way" comment...there's nothing wrong being fan of other club, but he clearly was having at dig..Anyways

EXCLUSIVE: Manchester City to make Micah Richards a special Premier League winners medal
MANCHESTER CITY are set to award Micah Richards a specially struck title medal to reward his service to the Premier League champions.

Right-back Richards doesn’t automatically qualify for a medal, as he made only two league appearances last season.

Five are required for a player to receive a medal but City want to make Richards, 25, a special case as he has been at the club since the age of 14.

The England defender has had injury setbacks and Pablo Zabaleta’s consistent form also kept him out.

The medal looks like being a leaving present for Richards, who has only a year left on his contract.

City want him to stay to help boost their homegrown quota to meet Premier League requirements.

But Richards wants to leave for regular first-team action and Newcastle are now leading the chase for the versatile defender who is valued by City at £7million.

"Doing it the right way" was tweeted and everyone assumes its what the press lie about.

I thought it meant playing style and was fuck all to with anything else.

But hey if our loyal fans are given an inch to beat the crap out of one of our own we rarely dissapoint

Its rather pathetic to be honest

Rascal said:
"Doing it the right way" was tweeted and everyone assumes its what the press lie about.

But hey if our loyal fans are given an inch to beat the crap out of one of our own we rarely dissapoint

regardless of what its about (personally I think it was referring to much more than just playing style), the mere use of 'the right way' suggests whatever this club are doing is not 'the right way'. It was a bad thing for him to tweet, end of.

Rascal said:

"A club who try do things the right way"

Then he should have said 'play the right way'
With all the ffp nonsense going on at the moment and Wenger accusing us of being cheats, you'd think someone who's been at City as long as he has would choose his words more carefully. Or perhaps he did.

RandomJ said:
Fuck sake some of these comments. It's his personal twitter he can say what he wants. The guy is obviously really frustrated and upset at his treatment by the club. Put yourself in his shoes he has been at City since 2001 and at a point he was one of our best players and he had a lot of clubs after his signature but he gave everything for our club every single game. He then plays really well in our first title winning season but then gets injured and Zaba takes his chance and shows what a good player he is and gains his spot. Pellegrini then comes in and obviously doesn't rate him so he hardly gives him any games to sort his form out and show what he can offer.

Yes he was injured a lot this year but he's been fit since mid March but not even getting a spot on the bench. Zaba is rightfully the first choice RB but I feel if Micah was given more games this season when fit he would have gladly signed a new contract and fought for his position next season but instead he feels frozen out of a team he has given most of his professional career to and now wants out. I don't blame him at all and wish him all the best.

Surely by the same freedom of speech then people on here can also say what they want.

stony said:
Rascal said:

With all the ffp nonsense going on at the moment and Wenger accusing us of being cheats, you'd think someone who's been at City as long as he has would choose his words more carefully. Or perhaps he did.
That he did has already been proved by a rabid BM lynch mob

As is always the case

stony said:
Rascal said:

The area Micah has grown up in he won't have been the only Arsenal fan. They certainly weren't all cheering on Leeds Utd with Thierry Henry at his peak (and Inhave run an amateur team in the area).

I am pretty sure he would have been receiving banter from Arsenal supporting mates as we have overtaken them in terms of winning trophies. I am guessing this misguided comment was just a moment of frustration from a good servant to our Club.

He had the potential to become England's right back for many a year, but unfortunately for him we sold SWP to Chelsea. They were a joy to watch together and Micah rampaging forward was complemented by SWP covering for him. Unfortunately, this is the kind of player he needs to bring out the best in him. Milner is that kind of player, but without the speed of SWP. Unfortunately, Navas isn't the kind of player he can play with. When he has played this season, he has looked like a deer caught in the headlights in that he seems to want to bomb forward, but then he stops and thinks about whether he should go forward - usually looking toward the bench - and the move is lost. His work these days, when he does bomb forward seem to be doing a swan dive near or in the area, then jogging back while the defensive midfield/Kompany have to cover for him (unless Milner is playing). He fell out of favour with Mancini with his "we didn't know what we were doing" remark when he went for 3 at the back as we had done pre-season when Micah was injured, but could not adapt his game which was more down to injury and lack of time on the training pitch more than anything else, but still a stupid remark to make...

And to cap it all, as an England fan, if Johnson and Walker are the answer to the right back question, then that shows how far he has fallen as neither of them are fit to tie his laces if he really did get his act together...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.