Micah

the only reason richards has not played games this season is because of his horrendous injury record , perhaps this is due to the fact his physique is more like a weight lifter than a footballer , always had a lot of time for micah , and i hope the club and his advisors give him another season to to get fit , lose some of the bulk he is carrying , and become the footballer we all hoped he would be .

skybluepete said:
berniethebusman said:
skybluepete said:
A good point which i have tried to make several times - you just wouldn't play someone who's been out long term with injury against bayern and the quality of Ribery would you ??

Its like youre hanging him to dry really.

A decision like that defies logic to me.

Most right backs who are playing regular and fit would be given the run around off Ribery tbf.

I have got to say in response he has been fit at stages of the season but has been overlooked.

Out of interest , how would you suggest a player who's been out long term with injury be brought back into the fold in a way which works for the team but also works for the player in question.

What we did with Micah by throwing him in against bayern in his first game back was detrimental to the player and possibly the club .
Why wasnt he eased back to fitness like other players ?

Also are you privvy to know that he ISN'T working his arse off in training ?
Im sure the club wouldnt let him get away with just fucking around in training and not being competitive.

Fuck me , it was only a couple of weeks ago he got slated to ridiculous levels for actually competing with vinnie in a aerial challenge in training and vinnie unfortunately ended up getting a knock, that doesn't sound like a player who isn't trying in training to impress does it .
I maintain my stance - pathetic .
Micah haters out in force .

I dont hate him, he frustrates me and he frustrates me because there's nothing more i'd love to see than him stay and regain his form, but that looks increasingly unlikely and from my point of view its is a mixture of misfortune on his part and a lack of fight on his part.
He wasn't just thrown inagainst Bayern he had games under his belt, sorry but top players dont take so long recovering from what was in that instance a short term injury, they still got to maintain a certain standard.
He's looked out of shape all season and not just lack of game fitness he's looked physically out of shape.

Bernie just a quick one, he had played one game before the bayern game, against Wigan , a championship side in the league cup,id hardly say he'd had games under his belt would you !??
The Wigan game was the 7th game of the season , the bayern game was the 9th.
90 mins on the pitch leading up to having to deal with Ribery isn't good preparation and wasnt a good decision by the manager in my opinion, i mean it wasnt as if zab was burnt out at that stage of the season, he was an un used sub on the night.
Incidentally, i thought it was robben who caused us the majority of problems that night , pellegrini got it wrong by not matching their formation and our midfield got badly overrun.
Ribery and Alaba doubled up against Micah continuously that night and navas didnt give any help watsoever to micah in all honesty .
Off subject i know but im off here now and just needed to let you know .

Hold my hands up if thats case, thought it was more, still irrevelant if Pellegrini didn't have faith in him he wouldn't of played him, unless your claiming the boss intentially hung him out to dry against the European Champions. He wasn't even the problem that night he could have played the perfect game it wouldn't have mattered with Joe's perfomance that night.
Stand by the rest of what i've said he's looked out of shape all season his performances on the whole would have him struggling to start for a League 1 team thats just not good enough regardless of how few minutes he's played.
On form and on his injury record there is no justifiable reason to keep him unless being an academy player and having an infectous laugh is worthy of 80k+, and honestly i just dont think that criteria is gonna win us many trophies.
Despite all that i hope we dont get Sagna i hope Micah stays and returns to the player he once was, i think the club wants/wanted that too, why would they offer him a contract otherwise, i just think he's given up too easily.

skybluepete said:
yamcha said:
skybluepete said:
Some of you on here are saying zab was more or less burnt out - im sure there are games that could have been chosen carefully to help him regain confidence and match fitness , thus allowing the superb zab a deserved rest , in turn creating competition for that position once Micah got back to fitness .
Im done on this thread , i love Micah , i also recognize his injury record has been poor the last 2 seasons , all beginning with the Olympics , and when he's played he's been out of sorts at times but i just think the treatment some of you hand out to him is a fucking embarrassment , im glad im not one of you .
Iv had players iv not been keen on and even not liked over the years but handing out the shit some of you give Micah, it wouldn't happen im happy to say.

Well why don't you tell us which game Micah could have played in order regain his confidence/fitness ?

Yamcha, without knowing exactly what dates he was injured i cant answer that with accuracy but i would have thought we should have tried to give him more gAmes earlier on and not at the business end of he season.
Im sure your youve watched for long enough to form an opinion on what teams you would throw in a long term injured player against and how long you would play him for to help him back to fitness .
I hope that answers your question.

Mate, he was given chances when he was fit. Are you forgetting that we were in 4 competitions until the final part of the season ?

When given the chance he wouldn't perform or he'd just pull his hamstring.

This club has done nothing but help the guy, but all he does is moan to the media about playing time. And now he's making veiled remarks about our club. I'm sick of him.

For me its irrelevant if he has been fit or not, Pellegrini see's the lads every day in training and has to make a decision both short term and long term that will not only be the best for the team but ultimately himself.

If he doesn't see Richards as being up to the right standard or having the correct attitude the club will back him and move him on. We can't keep him around forever just because of who he is and what he has done in the past.

He goes with the club's best wishes and he will be forever remembered by us fans. Clean break now and get in someone who Pellegrini will trust and give Zaba a break next season.

CTID101 said:
For me its irrelevant if he has been fit or not, Pellegrini see's the lads every day in training and has to make a decision both short term and long term that will not only be the best for the team but ultimately himself.

If he doesn't see Richards as being up to the right standard or having the correct attitude the club will back him and move him on. We can't keep him around forever just because of who he is and what he has done in the past.

He goes with the club's best wishes and he will be forever remembered by us fans. Clean break now and get in someone who Pellegrini will trust and give Zaba a break next season.

Agreed,

yamcha said:
skybluepete said:
yamcha said:
Well why don't you tell us which game Micah could have played in order regain his confidence/fitness ?

Yamcha, without knowing exactly what dates he was injured i cant answer that with accuracy but i would have thought we should have tried to give him more gAmes earlier on and not at the business end of he season.
Im sure your youve watched for long enough to form an opinion on what teams you would throw in a long term injured player against and how long you would play him for to help him back to fitness .

Mate, he was given chances when he was fit. Are you forgetting that we were in 4 competitions until the final part of the season ?

This club has done nothing but help the guy, but all he does is moan to the media about playing time. And now he's making veiled remarks about our club. I'm sick of him.

Mate - im fucking sick of blues like you !

I have returned to edit , im tired and shot from the cuff, i take that comment back , im fucking sick of any thread what Micah is involved in becoming a platform for all the negative posters on here who obviously dont have much time for him.

This thread was about a shitty tweet , which has lead to all sorts of muck n bullets being thrown micah's way , i just think its a bit of a joke .

skybluepete said:
yamcha said:
skybluepete said:

Mate - im fucking sick of blues like you !!

Maybe I'd be a bit more respectful towards him if he'd show some respect to the club.

skybluepete said:
yamcha said:
skybluepete said:

I have returned to edit , im tired and shot from the cuff, i take that comment back , im fucking sick of any thread what Micah is involved in becoming a platform for all the negative posters on here who obviously dont have much time for him.

This thread was about a shitty tweet , which has lead to all sorts of muck n bullets being thrown micah's way , i just think its a bit of a joke .

Well, why isn't anyone saying negative things about Aguero, Silva or Kompany ?

I'm not going to argue about the tweet or question his loyalty to the club but if, God forbid, Zaba has an injury and is out for 2-3 months, how many of you would be confident that Micah could fill in for him. I seriously doubt if he can even stay fit for that long continuously.

I love Micah but his injury record is just ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.