Michael Johnson

Yet another terrible thread on here. The lad had the potential, had some serious injury problems, went on the booze, more injury problems and he still has a contract with us.

In the time he was in the team, he did more than RSC or JO and he looked great. Maybe if was in an average team, or maybe he could have looked even better in a better team, we'll never know.

I don't think he'll ever play for us again and I think that's a shame, but time to cancel his contract? What for? That would get us nowhere, and would just end up with the press down our throats for all the wrong reasons yet again. No player wants injury problems, and I'm sure he'd kill to get a game for City. Sven sure something in him and I'd say he's a half decent judge of a player. Mancini seemed to like the look of him a few times in training too.

Leave the lad alone, he's had enough shit from so called 'fans' on here. It's all abit pathetic if you ask me. People seem to forget he's only 22/23 years old. This isn't some run down 30 year old like Hargreaves or Woodgate. He has time on his side and if he never plays for us again, I'll be sure to follow his career whenever he ends up.

Have a quick look and we will pretend it didnt happen.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Hammond" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoff_Hammond</a>

ok-wink.gif

whp.blue said:
if you mean I'm new you are right only been going regularly since '67

Surprised you don't remember our last successful season of 75-76 seeing how our friends in Stretford used to enjoy reminding us of it.
PS when in a hole stop digging.

only read the first few and last pages, so dunno whether this has already been posted, but johnson's house was put up for sale about a month ago when he was set to join eriksson at leicester (wink, nudge, etc).

Haven't read much of this thread, but I think the great Michael Johnson debate can be put to an end.

He looked great in '08 under Sven, linking up with Elano beautifully...I remember bigging him up to all my friends who laughed me off, swearing both MJ and our glorious club would never amount to anything (which in hindsight, i suppose they were half right).

Whether he was a pisshead or not doesn't matter. He started off brightly, got hurt, and for whatever reason was never able to reclaim his spot. Now three years have passed, and even a healthy Michael Johnson will never be able to break into our midfield. He may have been the most unlucky bastard in the entire world in terms of injuries, or he may have been a stupid drunk son of a woman...very few in this world can truly say with complete certainty. However, the fact remains that no matter what, his window for realistically making a significant positive contribution to the team is gone. I want the academy boys to succeed and make the squad more than anyone, but I just simply can't see MJ, healthy or not...drunk or sober...contributing to the squad in any way shape or form. Best to let him move on to another club and let him attempt to rebuild his career, as I still believe he has the ability to be a solid premiership midfielder. But in the end, I think it is best for him to move on.

As an aside - didn't MJ used to post in here (under a different name of course)?

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
It's not until you read a thread like this that you realise what a bunch of c**** we really are...
I think you meant to say...."what a bunch of c**** a small minority of posters on an internet forum really are" since the vast majority, even on here, have made no negative comment about MJ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.