Michael Johnson

The fact is that Hughes and his cronies leaked the stories about MJ being on the booze is the issue here. They leaked the story because they thought MJ was not doing as he was told rather than not responding to treatment for 5 months. As it turns out the medical team that Hughes brought treated him for a groin strain and didn't spot that MJ had Pubic Symphysls.
<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pubic_symphysis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pubic_symphysis</a>
No fecking wonder he didn't get back to fitness then - the treatment being given for a groin strain makes the above injury worse..

With the right treatment, he finally gets back to match fitness then just before Christmas does his cruciet in in his knee rather badly while probably trying to impress Mancini - sadly it happens when players are returning from injury. Back to nearly full fitness 15 months later and his knee swells up to the size of a balloon on the flight back from the Ukraine.

Will he ever be fit enough to play for us? The odds are that he probably won't. But if he does would you throw away a player who in the opinion of many (me for one) is as good as Lampard or Gerrard when fit?

You'd be mental than to do anything else other that wait. City are correct and would be foolish to throw such a player away till they know his carear is over.

As good as Lampard of Gerrard when fit? What is that based on?! I really wish him all the best and it is unfortunate for a young player to suffer so many injuries, but the lad is unbelievabley overhyped and overated by our fans.

Oh yes and MJ made the difference between us staying up and going down under Not-So-Super-Stew when he first broke into the first team - so why don't you give MJ a break? Without us staying up Thaksin would never have happened and without Thaksin, Sheikh Mansour would never have happened.

As far as I'm concerned MJ can have all the time and money he want to get back to full fitness. Well worth it.<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:00 pm --<br /><br />
simonr555 said:
As good as Lampard of Gerrard when fit? What is that based on?! I really wish him all the best and it is unfortunate for a young player to suffer so many injuries, but the lad is unbelievabley overhyped and overated by our fans.

Well if you can't see how good he was when he drove the team under Sven, I doubt you'd see anything. Sven for one rated him very highly.

A loan to Sven's Leicester, Leeds, or Espanyol next season is on the cards. A full season to stay fit and if he does, may save us a large transfer fee next summer. People forget how good he looked, he made this 20m Jordan Henderson look like a League Two player.

de niro said:
as in your life style hampers your return to full fitness, as for "broad term" he should be fined for putting on weight.

His lifestyle hasn't directly hampered his return, I would think he is so paranoid about injuring himself again, he will rest any slight knock. Maybe slightly different, but Robben isrumoured to be the same, after his past medical history and is over cautious of his injuries and knocks, and to be fair, can you blame him.

Also, of late, I have heard no news on his 'lifestyle' and due to the amount of knockers (Not tits, or maybe they are depending on your opinion) it would have been plastered all across here if he was out on the lash.

I was also of the understanding we had a BMI limit for our players, so there is something of this nature in place. It was eluded to as one of the reasons Kolo the dietary drug.

It is rare for any player who has had as many injuries as MJ has to get back to their best. I wish him all the best but I doubt he will play for us again.

I dont understand this - thought it was a joke. Like him or not - if he gets a sqaud number Bobby thinks - 1. He will make it back and 2. He's good enough.
Leave the kid alone - he could be about to kiss goodbye to his dream.

When he first broke into the 1st time I remember thinking that he looked and played like Colin Bell. He's still young and I hope his injuries don't kill his career like it did for Colin. Looked a class act to me.

Tom_mcfc said:
Is this jokers contract up yet or what? He has stole a living from us for too long now and I'm sick of the special treatment he gets just because he is one of our own. Complete and utter waste of a squad number.

It's always nice when a lad comes through the ranks and proves to be a gem which is what Jonno looked like however if it was anyone else other than a youth product that was injured for this long and preferred to go out on the piss every weekend then there would be uproar on here.

So please City terminate this guys contract and let him be someone elses problem.
go 'support' another team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.