Michael Johnson

Maldini said:
right come on lads. has anyone got any current info about the lad from either him, his mam or someone, how close is he to fitness, is he likely to go out on loan, etc. i think most blues would want to see jonno back. How near to fitness is he?

Dunno really how fit he is but I watched training several times at Carrington in the last 3 weeks of the season and he was there n looking good...even when the full squad wasn't in, he was there.

As for the comment about his personality someone made .... he's one of the only City players that stops and signs everything for the kids... takes time in talking to them with photos n all.

I think some people are too quick to just judge him in a bar !

Good luck MJ, hope to see u back soon.

He will make it, have a bit of belief for once

Sven and Roberto have been some of the best talent scouts in the world over their respective careers, Sven once said that he wouldn't trade Johnson for Anfield. And if Mancini is keeping him around, it means that the medical staff and himself are willing to take a bet that he will return to match fitness

Stop pretending this is football manager where players only ever develop from 18-24 and where ability and potential can be measured in stars.

In all fairness we're largely speculating since we don't really know the full story with MJ.
We all know he's been injured for large spells of time, but the club hasn't really given us any info than to tell us 'he's on the mend' 'training' etc.

It would be great if someone could give us the latest on him. He was always a pleasure to watch when he was fit, a real craftsman of a player. Put yourself in his shoes, he probably loves the game and frustration doesn't begin to cover it being out injured for that long. No wonder he's known to have a few beers!

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2502/michael_johnson_injury.html

this is a good read, bar his knee injury pretty much every injury he has ever had is groin/pelvic, going back to 2007.

frannyleesbogroll said:
BulgarianPride said:
de niro said:
as in your life style hampers your return to full fitness, as for "broad term" he should be fined for putting on weight.

the weight gain was probably phyisio's idea. He wasn't playing any football because of his injuries, and they probably saw fit to get him to gain weight to strengthen any weakness and imbalances that cause weird injuries.

fuck me stephen hawkings sprint coach I have heard it all now... bernardmanning's injury must have been a bastard............

And what was so outrageous in my post? How do you suppose they tried to 'fix' him? There was a rumor that he was on anabolic supplements to strength him up as well. It explains the weight gain. I am only speculating.

-- Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:31 pm --

Maldini said:
right come on lads. has anyone got any current info about the lad from either him, his mam or someone, how close is he to fitness, is he likely to go out on loan, etc. i think most blues would want to see jonno back. How near to fitness is he?

2 weeks.

Wouldn't the club be insured against long term injuries/curtailment of career to it's own players anyway ?

Just asking

If he comes back great, am sure if he can get back to fitness he will be an asset and another option, im personally looking forwards to seeing whether he can get back and also if assulin will see the first team this year.

I dont see why people are still moaning on about him being on the piss, anyone on here who was suddenly made a millionaire overnight whilst dealing with the fact their balls had dropped at the same claims they wouldnt be getting on it is deluded, or james milner.

His name doesnt pop up anything like it used to and when it does its not followed by 5th avenue monday/wednesday/friday, hopefully the penny has dropped with the lad.

He was given a top contract by the club, thats not his fault, am sure hed rather be playing, id love to see him back and hes obviously well thought of by staff past and present who see some potential in him. I suspect it wont happen for him here because of the time out and the pace were moving forwards.

To say hes stealing a livings just a bit pathetic.

even a fit johnson at his best would not get in our first team, i would say milner, barry, toure, ndj, silver and johnson are all miles better.

ah yes, now for the fans-for-6-months to give their expert opinion on how good michael johnson really is

dannyboy29 said:
even a fit johnson at his best would not get in our first team, i would say milner, barry, toure, ndj, silver and johnson are all miles better.
As most of those don't even play in the same role as MJ, why would it possibly matter how good (or not) they are?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.