Michael Johnson

Tom_mcfc said:
MATCITY said:
1.who would be daft enough to buy him?

2.why should he leave?

hes got a contract which pays him a regular wage

he would be daft to leave

He would be daft to leave but he gets no stick from taking money from us for no return, yet other players do and they get slated.
You seem like a really, really nice guy.

Clubber said:
Tom_mcfc said:
Well following City home and away for the past 17 years I probably have made some sort of contribution towards this wasters wages.
Well I, in some way contribute to your wages, so as soon as you are ill or injured, expect your P45.

this actually happens more than you might think
employees are regularly dismissed whilst on long term sick if your illness / injury makes you unfit to continue your job and you don't get any redundancy etc just dismissed

so why not Johnson he would struggle to put up a convincing argument that he will ever be able to carry on his duties IE remain fit and play every week

blue dallas said:
Tom_mcfc said:
Is this jokers contract up yet or what? He has stole a living from us for too long now and I'm sick of the special treatment he gets just because he is one of our own. Complete and utter waste of a squad number.

It's always nice when a lad comes through the ranks and proves to be a gem which is what Jonno looked like however if it was anyone else other than a youth product that was injured for this long and preferred to go out on the piss every weekend then there would be uproar on here.

So please City terminate this guys contract and let him be someone elses problem.
go 'support' another team.

Its because he's 'one of ours' that we should look after him, you git!

Its not the City way, and shouldn't be, to abandon youngsters we've groomed when they get a career threatening injury. Thats not the way of the club I support - so I suggest you do as advised and support a different team.
He's probably given everything he can to be a footballer and entertain us and take City forward - and now you just throw him away? Im too angry to bother writing any more on this.

whp.blue said:
Clubber said:
Tom_mcfc said:
Well following City home and away for the past 17 years I probably have made some sort of contribution towards this wasters wages.
Well I, in some way contribute to your wages, so as soon as you are ill or injured, expect your P45.

employees are regularly dismissed whilst on long term sick if your illness / injury makes you unfit to continue your job and you don't get any redundancy etc just dismissed

so why not Johnson he would struggle to put up a convincing argument that he will ever be able to carry on his duties IE remain fit and play every week

But he was injured 'at work', so maybe he could get lawyers involved..........

Just because it happens in 'normal life' doesn't mean it's right. And also, if the physios didn't believe he would play again, surely they would suggest his contract be terminated, so maybe they think the lad had a chance.

Looking at the other young English centre mids about, only Wilshere comes close to him when it comes to passing, based on his pre-injury form.

I loved MJ when he came through like any City fan would of done. Unfortunatly he has been more injured than wylie coyote!!!!

He may come back and i would love it if he does but being completly honest i think his chance has come and go. He will cut it somewhere else maybe but we cant carry him anymore. Shame but i wish him all the best and Tom what a wanger you are he didnt ask for a 5yr contract (okay maybe someone on his camp did) but it was fair play at the time

I say bring Elano back so he can shine, LOL

whp.blue said:
Clubber said:
Tom_mcfc said:

People do get dismissed for long term illness/injury, but not until there has been considerable medical assessment, if there wasn't an empoyer would be open to tribunal. I suspect that MJ has had this assessment on a fairly regular basis, and in the experts opinion he can return.

He may never play for us, but once fully fit, he might still make us some money, so the club would be very foolish to right him (and all the investment in him) off.

Thankfully we have profesional people running the club, not "experts" on an internet forum.

ANY1aBLUE said:
blue dallas said:
Tom_mcfc said:
Is this jokers contract up yet or what? He has stole a living from us for too long now and I'm sick of the special treatment he gets just because he is one of our own. Complete and utter waste of a squad number.

It's always nice when a lad comes through the ranks and proves to be a gem which is what Jonno looked like however if it was anyone else other than a youth product that was injured for this long and preferred to go out on the piss every weekend then there would be uproar on here.

So please City terminate this guys contract and let him be someone elses problem.
go 'support' another team.

Its because he's 'one of ours' that we should look after him, you git!

Its not the City way, and shouldn't be, to abandon youngsters we've groomed when they get a career threatening injury. Thats not the way of the club I support - so I suggest you do as advised and support a different team.
He's probably given everything he can to be a footballer and entertain us and take City forward - and now you just throw him away? Im too angry to bother writing any more on this.
i agree,don't some people just really piss you off

smiles said:
http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2502/michael_johnson_injury.html
this is a good read, bar his knee injury pretty much every injury he has ever had is groin/pelvic, going back to 2007.

But the injury previous to the knee was NOT a standard pelvic/groin injury! He had an unusual pelvic injury called Pubic Symphysis: <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pubic_symphysis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pubic_symphysis</a>
Treat that as a groin strain or pelvic hip injury AND THE PATIENT WILL NOT RECOVER. Hughes medics did treat it as a standard groin injury and not surprisingly he didn't recover.

blightee said:
He will make it, have a bit of belief for once

Sven and Roberto have been some of the best talent scouts in the world over their respective careers, Sven once said that he wouldn't trade Johnson for Anfield. And if Mancini is keeping him around, it means that the medical staff and himself are willing to take a bet that he will return to match fitness
Stop pretending this is football manager where players only ever develop from 18-24 and where ability and potential can be measured in stars.

For me, this is the telling point. Mancini can be ruthless when required and would soon see off a lost cause. Obviously in the case of Johnson, he sees a light at the end of the tunnel. Fingers crossed he's right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.