Michael Johnson.....

Billy Blue Bollox said:
Hes always drinking in the usual Urmston haunts - piss head and still gets in the car the c*nt

-- Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:28 pm --

Talking of which I shared the bog at full time against Villa in the Colin Bell Stand (305) with Jeff Whitley who'd have thought it!!

Is it true he's huge ?

He wasn't in the Blue Raj (old Corkers) last night, but joking aside I actually feel sorry for him.
He had all that potential to become a very good player, and his life was geared towards fulfilling that potential, until injury wrecked his career. No excuses for D&D, but he must have been in a bad place after having his career ripped away from him.

Season after season passes and Michael Johnson gets no nearer to becoming a first team squad regular ....

it's now six years ago since he made his first team debut at City , and at 24 years of age he really should be making a serious impression here by now ..... but it's not happened yet , and you've got to ask yourself if it ever will ??

Surely the club won't wait forever .....

black mamba said:
Surely the club won't wait forever .....

The club has given up completely, that much is clear as he no longer even trains. His failed loan spell at Leicester was the last straw, we sent him to Sven to rehabilitate his career and it didn't work. Even though some are saying he has 18 months left on his contract, it's actually 6 months left (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/2008/september/johnson-signs-five-year-contract" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/news/club-news/20 ... r-contract</a>) so he can retire and blow all his money at the pub then. What a waste.

Still cant believe we rejected an 8 million bid for him on deadline day in 2008 when he was injured as well

I don't think he will ever play a competitive league game ever again,sad to say at 24.

People saying an injury ruined his career are deluded. He's ruined his career end of. When you have a serious injury you don't go away and drink and wear your body down like he has.

You seek rehabilitation and if you love playing football you'd do anything and everything to make it right.

Look at Jack Wilshere stress fracture in his ankle at the age of 20, out all of last season. Got his head down and now he's back in the Arsenal first team again. Johnson showed the same potential as Wilshere has, but using Wilshere as an example shows what a bit of hard work can do to help you bounce back.

Johnson is just a pisspot who the sooner is off citys books the better as far as i'm concerned.

MCFC1993 said:
People saying an injury ruined his career are deluded. He's ruined his career end of. When you have a serious injury you don't go away and drink and wear your body down like he has.

You seek rehabilitation and if you love playing football you'd do anything and everything to make it right.

Look at Jack Wilshere stress fracture in his ankle at the age of 20, out all of last season. Got his head down and now he's back in the Arsenal first team again. Johnson showed the same potential as Wilshere has, but using Wilshere as an example shows what a bit of hard work can do to help you bounce back.

Johnson is just a pisspot who the sooner is off citys books the better as far as i'm concerned.
Not sure that using Jack Wilshere as an example does your theory any good. He's a raging pisscan as well (among other things*) and didn't exactly keep his head down while he was out injured. (*allegedly, of course).

But I agree with you on Johnson. Injury didn't he ruin his career; it merely presented him with the opportunity to do it himself.

MCFC1993 said:

Im sure Wilshere was *Allegedly* up to no good with his nostrils

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.