Michael Johnson.....

What cnuts some of you are !!!!!!!!!! I had to finish work some 12 years ago,due to my disability and believe me,it was so so difficult to overcome the thought of not working again,especially in a job I loved so much.
MJ, IMO,has gone from a very much dedicated PL player,to someone who has endured so many years of pain and heartache of trying to get fit and establish himself as a better than average player,that in the end,alcohol has finally been the demise of his career.
He is not first and neither the last person to succumb to a shift in a somewhat carrer that is so different than what he has been used to.
MJ good luck in whatever comes your way !!!!!!!!!!

Its sad to see most of career spent on the injury list

I think hell need to move to a premier league or championship to be able to get back his performances i cant see him at city for much longer

mansour's tow ropes said:
Lee-ManCity said:
Was in dixy chicken on deansgate, saturday night. Its me in the picture with him.
Can you explain why you are pointing at his face like he's a circus freak?

That really wound me up. Just because he's fucked his career up he doesn't need some idiot coming up to him and pointing at him like that.

oakiecokie said:
What cnuts some of you are !!!!!!!!!! I had to finish work some 12 years ago,due to my disability and believe me,it was so so difficult to overcome the thought of not working again,especially in a job I loved so much.
MJ, IMO,has gone from a very much dedicated PL player,to someone who has endured so many years of pain and heartache of trying to get fit and establish himself as a better than average player,that in the end,alcohol has finally been the demise of his career.
He is not first and neither the last person to succumb to a shift in a somewhat carrer that is so different than what he has been used to.

What bollocks, you are talking as if he was a tee total ultimate professional who turned to drink when he couldn't get himself fit. He was getting pissed most nights of the week when he was playing week in week out in the premier league. He had no intention of getting back fit, if he did then he would have quit the partying and dedicated his life to getting back on the pitch but he didn't so why have sympathy for him?

Sympathy for Paul Lake who cruelly had his career taken away from him after he dedicated his life to getting back fit but not for this waster.

I know the drink driving wrong and by 25 he should know better but i look at him in that picture how sad does he look can't help feeling for him,don't think anybody on here knows whats gone on in his life, yes i know he's been well paid but i really thought he was going to make it big time 5 years ago he really did look the part.Personally i just hope he gets his life back on track sadly it doesn't appear in will be in top flight football.

stony said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
Lee-ManCity said:
Was in dixy chicken on deansgate, saturday night. Its me in the picture with him.
Can you explain why you are pointing at his face like he's a circus freak?

That really wound me up. Just because he's fucked his career up he doesn't need some idiot coming up to him and pointing at him like that.
how am I an idiot?! he was happy to have a picture with me.

Comparisons with Lake are a bit wide of the mark. Lakey really was dealt a shit hand.

Johnson could be seen every week on a bender in 365, 42s or various other places.

Who knows how injury prone he would have been but one thing for sure is that being right on the piss doesn't make you more likely to recover well or avoid injury in the future.

Plenty of young pros now come back from serious injury early on in their career. But most of them aren't smashing the ale at that rate.

Maybe he would have picked up all the injury and fitness problems anyway. But it would surely be nice (for him, if not the fans) to know that he gave himself every chance.

On a personal level, as a individual, apart from the repeat driving stuff, you have to feel compassion and sympathy though. As a pro footballer, maybe not so much.

WNRH said:
What bollocks, you are talking as if he was a tee total ultimate professional who turned to drink when he couldn't get himself fit. He was getting pissed most nights of the week when he was playing week in week out in the premier league. He had no intention of getting back fit, if he did then he would have quit the partying and dedicated his life to getting back on the pitch but he didn't so why have sympathy for him?

Sympathy for Paul Lake who cruelly had his career taken away from him after he dedicated his life to getting back fit but not for this waster.

I don't really think you've got any right to call another poster's opinion bollocks when you claim that someone who under went surgery on a knee ligament injury, keeping them out for a season, having only just got over an abdominal/groin injury that had kept them out over two seasons... and still managed to play professional football again, as a waster.

Because that, is complete 'bollocks'.

WNRH said:
oakiecokie said:

I agree with Oakie

What do you know that proves you right?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.