Michael Johnson.....

WNRH said:
Jack Wilshere had a serious injury that kept him out for 18 months, did he at any stage even put on an ounce of weight during his rehabilitation process? No because he dedicated his life to getting back onto that pitch and respected the club and the fans who pays his wages.
With respect, unless you know Wilshere personally (and I've no idea if you do), how do you know if he did or didn't, he may have, and once his injury has repaired he's got himself fit. In MJ's case combined it was a lot longer injury, and yet he did get himself fit enough to play championship football on loan, the whole thing is pretty sad which ever way you feel personally about the lad, his alleged drinking could be a symptom of his injuries, he wouldn't be the first to get depressed (and get into drink) over illness/injury that has prevented them working. I've seen numerous colleagues do it, some have found help, others haven't and have wasted their talent.

WNRH said:
GStar said:
WNRH said:
What bollocks, you are talking as if he was a tee total ultimate professional who turned to drink when he couldn't get himself fit. He was getting pissed most nights of the week when he was playing week in week out in the premier league. He had no intention of getting back fit, if he did then he would have quit the partying and dedicated his life to getting back on the pitch but he didn't so why have sympathy for him?

Sympathy for Paul Lake who cruelly had his career taken away from him after he dedicated his life to getting back fit but not for this waster.

I don't really think you've got any right to call another poster's opinion bollocks when you claim that someone who under went surgery on a knee ligament injury, keeping them out for a season, having only just got over an abdominal/groin injury that had kept them out over two seasons... and still managed to play professional football again, as a waster.

Because that, is complete 'bollocks'.

Was getting pissed up most nights part of the recovery schedule? When you are paid upwards of £30k per week do you think it is right to put on 2-3 stone of weight when you are supposed to be getting back on the pitch?

Jack Wilshere had a serious injury that kept him out for 18 months, did he at any stage even put on an ounce of weight during his rehabilitation process? No because he dedicated his life to getting back onto that pitch and respected the club and the fans who pays his wages.

So no, calling him a waster is not bollocks when the club has washed their hands of him and you see the state he is in nowadays whilst still supposedly under contract to be a professional footballer.

Holier than Swiss cheese. I'll bet Heaven's rammed with nice folk like you.

Berkovic_blue said:
WNRH said:
GStar said:
I don't really think you've got any right to call another poster's opinion bollocks when you claim that someone who under went surgery on a knee ligament injury, keeping them out for a season, having only just got over an abdominal/groin injury that had kept them out over two seasons... and still managed to play professional football again, as a waster.

Because that, is complete 'bollocks'.

Was getting pissed up most nights part of the recovery schedule?

And you were there to witness this? Or are you slagging him off based on hearsay?
to be fair i think its quite well known that he wasnt the most sober of people.

mcfc_nick said:
Berkovic_blue said:
WNRH said:
Was getting pissed up most nights part of the recovery schedule?

And you were there to witness this? Or are you slagging him off based on hearsay?

Open season then. Jesus, just wait til some of you make your own mistakes in life.

Lee-ManCity, your photo is famous: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262486/Michael-Johnson-picture-What-happened-Manchester-City-youngster.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... gster.html</a>

johnny on the spot said:
mcfc_nick said:
Berkovic_blue said:

Open season then. Jesus, just wait til some of you make your own mistakes in life.
because i kicked off at him? no, i just stated that it is quite well known that he liked a drink. calm down.

mcfc_nick said:
johnny on the spot said:
mcfc_nick said:

because i kicked off at him? no, i just stated that it is quite well known that he liked a drink. calm down.

That isn't what you stated. You spread pernicious gossip perpetuating unconfirmed allegations about another person. 'Highly bandied' does not equate to 'well known'.

No sympathy for him.
Players suffer long term injuries all the time, part and parcel of the game.
Some more than others. But that's no excuse.
In my opinion he's seen the influx of wealth and huge talent join our team and thought "fuck that, I've got no chance here, so ill just run down my contract"
As someone said a few pages back, he doesn't have to report to the club now, what does that tell you?
City have rubbed their hands of him?
He seemed like a cock when I met him just after he emerged into the first team.
Fuck him.

I just think he would rather have no money and his head right atm, in fact i'd stick every penny i own on it.

Don't get me wrong, i raged at first but now it's slapped all over his face the lad wants out or at least his head does.

I do understand the people saying "what a ****" but i can assume you have never had your head up your own arse twice over before.
That is not a dig at all, in fact i envy those who never have that happen.

So i can see both points of view but now looking at his situation fuck the money he needs to sort his head out or it doesn't look good for him at all.

tl;dr Too much, too soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.