Michael Owen and Manchester City

taksin said:
his commentary/analysis yesterday was So Biased against City....it reminded me of Fanzone that Sky used to do on live matches...disputing every decision that City got etc...the problem was that City had no one in their corner counter-acting Owen's one-side twisted views!...he's a bitter red..Fergie trained.

The last time City had someone in their corner it was Mike Summerbee, and we know he didn't let them get away with them having a go at City, i think it was in a United v City game, and they were all saying something like United were this and that, and then Mike said there are two teams out their not one, after that he as not been asked back, maybe thats why NQ hasn't given us a pat on the back, he wants to come back again the week after.

Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
oakiecokie said:
foetus said:
He was squirming the entire match. Didn't have one positive thing to say about city. ****.

I think you might have had the sound off !! I watched late last night and overall he was pretty complimentary about the way we play and individual players.

he made snide digs all game, i also watched it late last night and was astounded by his negativity during a thrilling game of football. I'm not one who thinks there is an agenda, just a lack of ex city players as pundits or fans as journos and its only natural that these people go easier on their own than they do other teams.

The problem is that when people already hate someone they cant distinguish between any good that is being said.On numerous occasion he complemented us on various aspects of our game and even made the valid point that when City are in full flow they come at teams from every angle and teams find it very difficult to stop that at The Etihad.If they could play like this way from home,then they would be a real force he said. What`s wrong with that.Of course he had digs about us,but overall he gave us praise.
I suspect you any many just don`t want to hear the positives he gives.Boring twat, most definately but h`e was as no-where as bad as people are making out.

Burtonblue said:
Tbh it really doesn't matter what the likes of Owen and the pro raggy press say.
Our football will do the talking for us. At the moment we are one of the most attractive teams to watch worldwide and the public will see through any attempts to knock us by the media. If some of the public don't then it will be through their own bias and we wouldn't want to attract their support anyway.
Mcfc is un unstoppable force and Owen and his buddies know that all too well. They are just afraid to admit it in the same way Wenger thinks he was robbed yesterday.
The last laugh will be ours.

This. I prefer it when the media are against us. Makes the triumph all the sweeter. Not bothered if Wenger or the Gooners thought they were 'robbed' or they were as good or better than us. Not bothered if pundits concentrate on the opposition's weaknesses rather than our great play. They have their opinions and I have mine.

crazyg said:
Had to laugh when his co-presenter told us that Arse an' all had only lost one other away game this season, and that was in the same city!

We should send the fuckers a map.Now that was shite.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:53 pm --<br /><br />
ElanJo said:
Hope they get someone else in but Ian Darke is decent.

In fairness he was shouting about each goal as they went in, for both teams.

Sky post match yellow ticker tape feed:

"Manchester City 6 - 3 Arsenal - Arsenal score two offside goals"

Never seen offside goals mentioned ever before on post match and probably never again. Much like the vaunted mystery extra- extra time added on to added on time at OT when little Mikey scored the winner in the 4-3 i.e. Never before and never since!

Burtonblue said:
Tbh it really doesn't matter what the likes of Owen and the pro raggy press say.
Our football will do the talking for us. At the moment we are one of the most attractive teams to watch worldwide and the public will see through any attempts to knock us by the media. If some of the public don't then it will be through their own bias and we wouldn't want to attract their support anyway.
Mcfc is un unstoppable force and Owen and his buddies know that all too well. They are just afraid to admit it in the same way Wenger thinks he was robbed yesterday.
The last laugh will be ours.
Spot on Burton .

Kinkys Left Foot said:
Sky post match yellow ticker tape feed:

"Manchester City 6 - 3 Arsenal - Arsenal score two offside goals"

Never seen offside goals mentioned ever before on post match and probably never again. Much like the vaunted mystery extra- extra time added on to added on time at OT when little Mikey scored the winner in the 4-3 i.e. Never before and never since!

If that is true (I have my doubts) then that is unforgiveable, and terrible 'journalism'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.