Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

This isn’t war though mate. Israel is repeatedly hitting civilians, killing scores, but justifying it by saying they got some baddie.

I do appreciate the tactical complexities of the area they are trying to rid of Hamas - and it is complex - but their distain for human life is sickening. This is why the world is looking on in anger or looking away in shame. The leaders know they can’t influence it so just repeat platitudes like “right to defend itself”.
It’s guerrilla warfare, not of their choosing, against cowards who use human shields, because they don’t give a fuck about the(ir) general population.

Reactions: PPT
Let me ask you this, What do you want the Palestinians to do to stop the Occupation and theft of their land. Serious question, How.do they do it?
I think that is a really good question.
Realistically they have to accept that the only way Israel, a nuclear power, is going to vacate the area is when they are all dead. So, they have two options (probably more?).

1: Eliminate Israel
What's left of Gaza says hi.

2: Peaceful negotiation.
Gandhi & Martin Luther King won their 'wars' by winning public opinion. Not by trying to kill their 'opponents' but by winning the argument. If the Palestinians found a leader who was an advocate for peaceful protest and who could articulate and debate on a world stage exactly what they wanted (and what they wanted was reasonable i.e not the removal of Israel) then world opinion would move in their direction and they would achieve a realistic resolution. Key word there being realistic.

Is war working? Is Israel living in peace and security? does indiscriminate killing of Arabs even the slate for you, would it be ok for Afghanistan to bomb Chicago for the the slaughter of Afghans by American forces and lets not forgot the Iraqis as or a bit further back the Vietnamese, that's where your argument is leading to, an eye for an eye as long as it's not your eyes that are being taken out

The last thing anyone needs is cheer leaders who's experience of war is from the cinema

Do you think that any side is going to be victorious? Last I seen Hamas was still entrenched in the rubble of Gaza, Hezbollah has repelled the ground invasions and as an insurgent army they are probably one of the best in the world, so we are looking at years and years of war, war that would destroy Israel's economy for what?

All that needs to happen is a meaningful ceasefire and proper talks on establishing a state for the Palestinians, I can guarantee that everyone would stop fighting, and stop the brutal oppression on the West bank it's making things a hell of lot worse for everyone including the Americans

The damage this is doing to the pychie of Israel is huge, it is becoming a pariah state in the world, and that matters a immensely to them, there has always been a longing to be accepted kind of like a bridge between the Middle East and Europe, they feel isolated now, no longer welcome in most of the world include in sports and cultural events, it can't go on like this and it's sad that there are people cheering them on
Sounds great, do what?

A people has to defend itself, no matter the reaction of snowflakes the world over.

And, they get to do it on their terms and rest of the world can judge from their comfy armchairs, I guess.

If Bluemoon had the ( that’d be great. In the absence of such, I prefer to leave it to the Israelis self-determination.

Sounds great, do what?

A people has to defend itself, no matter the reaction of snowflakes the world over.

And, they get to do it on their terms and rest of the world can judge from their comfy armchairs, I guess.

If Bluemoon had the ( that’d be great. In the absence of such, I prefer to leave it to the Israelis self-determination.

What about the Palestinians' self-determination?

I think that is a really good question.
Realistically they have to accept that the only way Israel, a nuclear power, is going to vacate the area is when they are all dead. So, they have two options (probably more?).

1: Eliminate Israel
What's left of Gaza says hi.

2: Peaceful negotiation.
Gandhi & Martin Luther King won their 'wars' by winning public opinion. Not by trying to kill their 'opponents' but by winning the argument. If the Palestinians found a leader who was an advocate for peaceful protest and who could articulate and debate on a world stage exactly what they wanted (and what they wanted was reasonable i.e not the removal of Israel) then world opinion would move in their direction and they would achieve a realistic resolution. Key word there being realistic.
Israel are never going to give any of the stolen land back, Therefore the cycle of violence will continue. The Palistinians are the victims here.

I don’t know which land, or when, or even why. What I know is that they didn’t start this round of conflict, but they intend to end it on their terms, if and when they see fit.
Have you any idea what those terms are ? Because the rest of the world is fucked if they know, all we here are nebulous claims like Hamas and Hezbollah dismantled and disarmed, do you really think that is achievable?

To me it's a war without a set achievable result, and as any military strategist will tell you that's just a recipe for getting bogged down. Lebanon is a better armed version of Afghanistan, but it's your tax that will be funding this, meanwhile China clean up on trade especially in the Middle East Russia gain in influence, Israel slowly bleeds to death and America loses

Or we could have a meaningful peace process that would normalise the lives of people living in the region it's not a difficult choice for me, because as long as the brutal occupation and land grab goes on West bank this horror show will continue

By the way all of Americas allies in the region are saying exactly the same thing it's time to talk about peace with dignity for both sides

If the US went into a bombing campaign that killed potentially 1000 innocent people in mere weeks then we'd be utterly shocked and disgusted. It'd certainly be declared illegal and excessive.

If there was one terrorist in Chicago then would you accept that the Royal Air Force from the UK could fly into the US and drop a 1000lb bomb right in the centre of the apartment block where the terrorist lived whilst also killing hundreds of innocents? This is the same analogy of what Israel is doing in Lebanon.

Well targeted and planned attacks from the air do not kill and wound thousands of people. What Israel is doing is extremely likely to be illegal unless of course they've killed thousands of terrorists and no civilians but given the pictures of them bombing central Beirut I find that to be extremely unlikely!

I understand everybody around them hates them and there are reasons for that but bombing civilian areas and causing such excessive loss of life and damage is never justified, at least by western standards anyway.
Did you see the rubble in Europe after WWII?
Were my parents running into the air raid shelters for exercise?

War is horrific, which is why we do our utmost not to let/make it happen, but when it does there’s nothing sanitary, organized or convenient about it. Bad guys hide where they hope they will have an advantage, not in designated hiding spots.

I don’t know which land, or when, or even why. What I know is that they didn’t start this round of conflict, but they intend to end it on their terms, if and when they see fit.
I know you're a gun owner Chicago. So what would you do if your neighbour slung you and your family out of your property beating you up in the process then taking your House and Land.

Be honest how would you react?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.