Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

Not a straw man at all.

A straw man is exactly what it is.

A national debt of 5 trillion pounds? Well another country has a national debt of 50 trillion pounds! Why aren't you investigating that?!

It is literally the definition of a straw man.

You’re the one who’s trying to blow the situation out of proportion like implying the Israelis are like Nazis as you did with that discussion with Kiam. The situation is bad enough without having to make up shit to make it seem like it’s even worse.
I compared the willingness to justify state murder to those under the Nazis and other similar regimes. I didn't at any point imply that they were on the same scale. The closest I came was mentioning six figures, which I believe to be a true reflection of deaths caused either directly or indirectly by Israeli government action.

Clearly you've heard the phrase "straw man" and think its the answer to everything. Its not new and it certainly doesnt answer the question you have been asked however many times you repeat it. Online or offline go back to the question and try to answer it. Without using the stock phrase of straw man.
I'm happy to take the discussion offline to explain how it is a straw man if you're struggling with the concept that much? It's probably a less public forum for you.

A national debt of 5 trillion pounds? Well another country has a national debt of 50 trillion pounds! Why aren't you investigating that?!

I compared the willingness to justify state murder to those under the Nazis and other similar regimes. I didn't at any point imply that they were on the same scale. The closest I came was mentioning six figures, which I believe to be a true reflection of deaths caused either directly or indirectly by Israeli government action.

It really is a crazy comparison, and frankly one for which you should apologise.

I asked you why the UN obsesses about Palestine. That is not a straw man and you haven’t answered that.
You have also said that over 100,000 Palestinians have died as a result of Israeli government actions. I refuted that and you’ve provided absolutely no evidence to prove your point. You won’t be able to either because it’s not actually true.

I asked you why the UN obsesses about Palestine. That is not a straw man and you haven’t answered that.
You have also said that over 100,000 Palestinians have died as a result of Israeli government actions. I refuted that and you’ve provided absolutely no evidence to prove your point. You won’t be able to either because it’s not actually true.

Wait ...wait ..."straw man" ?

It really is a crazy comparison, and frankly one for which you should apologise.
I don't feel the need to apologise in the slightest. I would compare any justification of state-sponsored murder to that of the Nazis. The difference would always be scale, as I mentioned.

You asked me why the UN focuses on actions in Palestine whilst failing to do so in Syria. That is the very definition of a straw man. We can go into a group chat whilst I explain the concept to both of you if you want? It's not exactly rocket science.

I didn't expect you would.
So you think excusing the state-sanctioned murder of 100,000 people is different to excusing the state-sanctioned murder of 6 million? As abhorrent as the state-sanctioned murder of 6 million people will always be, I can't simply overlook the 100,000 just because it is a smaller number and was spread over a longer period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.