Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

And does anyone think this kind of propaganda is in any way helpful?

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east...s-death-toll-isn-t-disproportionate-1.6094271

I've not seen propaganda to compete with Haaretz in my lifetime.

Edit: In their justification for ending so many Palestinian lives they used this photo:

1746735172.jpg

Last edited:
Sanctions don't count then, eh? Deaths including those caused by enforced sanctions are well (and by 'well' I mean 'WELL') into the six figures.
Rubbish.
Total deaths in the Arab/Israeli conflict is a little over 100,000 since 1948. That includes Israelis, Egyptians, Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, Jordanians as well as Palestinians and includes several major wars. The Palestinian total is less than a third of the overall figure. If you think sanctions have had such a huge effect let’s have a link that backs up your argument.
The reality is that the Palestinian population has grown at around 2-3 times the world average since 1948, hardly an indication of genocide.
I’m not defending the actions of some IDF troops in these latest incidents and it would appear that there has been a disproportionate response by some but trying to make out that the situation is comparable to some of the worst conflicts in history is just farcical.

Look, if you want a more impartial view on the genocide that is going on, have a look at the UN's Occupied Palestinian Territory website, and specifically their dedicated casualties page. The world's political body has a dedicated website about deaths in occupied Palestinian territory for a reason.

https://www.ochaopt.org/themes/articles/casualties
You should ask yourself why the UN obsesses about Palestine when there are dozens of other conflicts in the world with many more casualties. A quick look at that website showed that a total of 73 Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces in the whole of 2017 without an analysis of the circumstances. If you think that’s genocide then you obviously don’t know what genocide really is. 200 miles further north in Syria, more than that number are killed every day and the UN don’t have a dedicated website about that. Why do you think that is?

You should ask yourself why the UN obsesses...
I think what I should maybe ask myself is why there is a UN-funded organisation (not subject to veto) investigating the situation in occupied Palestinian territory (note the phrasing there), yet no charges (subject to veto) have been made. I wonder which country with a red, white and blue flag is causing that.

You should ask yourself why the UN obsesses about Palestine when there are dozens of other conflicts in the world with many more casualties. A quick look at that website showed that a total of 73 Palestinians were killed by Israeli forces in the whole of 2017 without an analysis of the circumstances. If you think that’s genocide then you obviously don’t know what genocide really is. 200 miles further north in Syria, more than that number are killed every day and the UN don’t have a dedicated website about that. Why do you think that is?

Great post.

I think what I should maybe ask myself is why there is a UN-funded organisation (not subject to veto) investigating the situation in occupied Palestinian territory (note the phrasing there), yet no charges (subject to veto) have been made. I wonder which country with a red, white and blue flag is causing that.

Well of course you can ask yourself a completely different question than the one that was asked of you, but maybe answering his question would be good.

The problem with this thread is similar to that of the region, no side can do no wrong in some eyes, in my view the politicians are the real cunts on both sides, it makes me wonder if they want a resolution or they think the conflict keeps them with the power they crave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.