Middle East Conflict (merged) | Iran launch missile attack after Israel invade Lebanon

And there you are. How does Israel as a country get dragged into a definition of antisemitism? The IHRA definition specifically says that criticism of Israel is not de facto antisemitism.

That's one of the things that makes this a difficult topic to discuss. whenever the Israeli government are a bit heavy handed, which may be an understatement, people seem to think all Jewish people agree with their actions which fuels anti-Semitism which Israel then seems to use as evidence/ excuse to do it again. It's a vixivic circle. I live in Prestwich and cheetham hill is 2 minutes away. Muslims jews athiests and all sorts live within a stone's throw of each other, it's probably naive of me to wonder why they can't make it work over there, surely it can't be that hard?[/QUOTE]

is a vixivic circle a bit like a bottle of Camp covfefe as per Trump? ha ha

Has to be said - quite fittingly - this thread has become as intractable as the conflict itself
But it had been a decent thread that hadn't resorted to name calling or the other rubbish we usually get in these threads until a bunch of knuckle-draggers turned up who refuse to engage in reasoned discussion and started with the personal insults against me and west didsblue. And it's the usual suspects - Irwell, Scottyboi, blueonblue etc. Sadly the interesting contribution of people like shaiomorali and others, even if they're on opposite sides, then gets lost among the white noise generated by the others.

And now the thread will probably get pulled and the effort put in by some of us to have a robust but reasoned discussion is completely wasted by the equivalent of people who throw bricks at ambulances and fire engines.

That's one of the things that makes this a difficult topic to discuss. whenever the Israeli government are a bit heavy handed, which may be an understatement, people seem to think all Jewish people agree with their actions which fuels anti-Semitism which Israel then seems to use as evidence/ excuse to do it again. It's a vixivic circle. I live in Prestwich and cheetham hill is 2 minutes away. Muslims jews athiests and all sorts live within a stone's throw of each other, it's probably naive of me to wonder why they can't make it work over there, surely it can't be that hard?

is a vixivic circle a bit like a bottle of Camp covfefe as per Trump? ha ha[/QUOTE]
Hahaha fkin autocorrect. Maybe that's what's dragging this conflict out. Israel and Hamas are both trying to find common ground via WhatsApp but autocorrect is causing all these problems. They just need to sit down and have a covfefe and talk it over

is a vixivic circle a bit like a bottle of Camp covfefe as per Trump? ha ha
Hahaha fkin autocorrect. Maybe that's what's dragging this conflict out. Israel and Hamas are both trying to find common ground via WhatsApp but autocorrect is causing all these problems. They just need to sit down and have a covfefe and talk it over[/QUOTE]

fuck me 70 years of conflict that could be resolved by using pen and paper - quick - ring the UN !!

The new Israelis were fighting for their very lives and existence and while the ethnic cleansing that certainly took place in some areas shouldn't have happened, you could understand why a small country, fighting for its very existence, might not want potentially hostile groups in their midst.

Ethnic cleansing can never be excused.

You must also take into account that the mass immigration of European Jews into Palestine did not occur with the permission of the native population, who had absolutely nothing to do with their horrific persecution in Europe.

Hahaha fkin autocorrect. Maybe that's what's dragging this conflict out. Israel and Hamas are both trying to find common ground via WhatsApp but autocorrect is causing all these problems. They just need to sit down and have a covfefe and talk it over

fuck me 70 years of conflict that could be resolved by using pen and paper - quick - ring the UN !![/QUOTE]
If only I had the number! I'd be up for a Nobel peace prize. I suppose this Israel Palestine thing would be solved aswell I guess, it's not all about me haha. I'll give Covfefe Anan a bell see if he can pull some strings

Ethnic cleansing can never be excused.

You must also take into account that the mass immigration of European Jews into Palestine did not occur with the permission of the native population, who had absolutely nothing to do with their horrific persecution in Europe.
You're spot on there I think. However @prestwichblue is right aswell, it doesn't need to turn into name calling and accusations, both sides of this can make valid points and there's a common ground to be reached. Taking extreme/ polar opposite views just because you sympathize more with one side than the other is unhelpful to say the least and is one of the things fueling this seemingly endless conflict. There are people suffering as a result of this and it should be easy enough to sort out but as long as greed and religion play such a big role nothing is going to change

But it had been a decent thread that hadn't resorted to name calling or the other rubbish we usually get in these threads until a bunch of knuckle-draggers turned up who refuse to engage in reasoned discussion and started with the personal insults against me and west didsblue. And it's the usual suspects - Irwell, Scottyboi, blueonblue etc. Sadly the interesting contribution of people like shaiomorali and others, even if they're on opposite sides, then gets lost among the white noise generated by the others.

And now the thread will probably get pulled and the effort put in by some of us to have a robust but reasoned discussion is completely wasted by the equivalent of people who throw bricks at ambulances and fire engines.

Hahaha get fucked you mug. Alright giving it out calling people names then go into a sulk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.