Middle East Conflict (merged)

I’d suggest that anybody protecting Israel or denouncing Palestine have a personal interest in this. The seriously nasty right-wing government shows all you need to know about who they are and what they are about.

People really need to educate themselves before churning out typical prejudiced statements and I wonder how many of you have actually visited the region or lived in an area where you have less than a minute at any time of the day or night to run to a secure underground bunker to protect yourself. The issue in the middle east is complex and isn’t a simple yes or no. But in simplistic terms, one side wants peace the other wants total destruction of a country. As Golda Meir is all edged to have said over 50 years ago, ‘Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.’ Abuse me all you like, it’s water off a duck‘s back but there are two sides to every conflict. Peace is the goal, sooner rather than later and without further bloodshed.

People really need to educate themselves before churning out typical prejudiced statements and I wonder how many of you have actually visited the region or lived in an area where you have less than a minute at any time of the day or night to run to a secure underground bunker to protect yourself. The issue in the middle east is complex and isn’t a simple yes or no. But in simplistic terms, one side wants peace the other wants total destruction of a country. As Golda Meir is all edged to have said over 50 years ago, ‘Peace will come when the Arabs will love their children more than they hate us.’ Abuse me all you like, it’s water off a duck‘s back but there are two sides to every conflict. Peace is the goal, sooner rather than later and without further bloodshed.

Fair enough - can you just elaborate as to which side it is that wants peace?

Would have agreed with you before Netanyahu. He wants never ending conflict because he sees it as the best way of staying in power. And that’s what it’s all about for him. Since he came to power in 2009 there has been no significant progress in any peace talks. Rabin, Barak and Sharon all made efforts to make progress but in spite of Israel being in its strongest position militarily Netanyahu appears not to want to bother and would rather keep the conflict simmering.

Would that area where you have to run to a bunker be a formerly Palestinian area now occupied by Jewish settlers?

They sound well respected.
Ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.