Middle East Conflict (merged)

My brothers university down south has had a lot of antisemitic attacks over the weekend with Israeli flags containing the Nazi symbol plastered all over campus.

The university only made one comment which was to say please respect each other and disciplinary offences will be dealt with (no mention or condemnation of criminal behaviour)....

I really do fear for this country, the bile and hatred people feel for each other in some circles is just incredible.

This is how it works: protesters in Finchley are condemned as racists. Boris Johnson takes to Twitter to condemn the racists. The Daily Mail features an article about the racists and moderates its comments so that only those who condemn the racists are allowed to speak. The comments sections are full of 'we want our country back', "I dont recognise our country anymore' type comments. Meanwhile, any discussion on why the protest happened doesn't even begin and the media has then done its job for the government. Well done, The Mail. We continue to support you registering in your tax haven.

For what it's worth, I do not agree with the protesters and their vile, racist slurs. Nor do I support the veiled, twitching curtains racism that the comments section was absolutely packed with.

The situation is complex, yes, but in simple terms, the Palestinian people have a right to a home that is not at risk of bombardment and forced annexe. I take your point to heart, Prestwich Blue, but it is time this stopped. We cannot continue to turn a blind eye because we are fightened of the past.
"Kill the Jews, rape their daughters, free Palestine"

Calling out racist antisemites when they're being antisemitic isn't something to criticise, regardless of what you think of them personally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.