Middle East Conflict (merged)

It's funny but I framed this slightly differently about the 'both sides must show restraint' point.

I used it in the context as what Trump said about '... good people on both sides...' and it being roundly condemned and yet when Biden uses VERY similar vernacular as you point out, not many called it out.

Strange how much leeway is given to a Dem with a less open agenda.
Sorry wrong meeting!
I get your comparison to a degree in the refusal to condemn any particular side for self preservation reasons but in THIS context is Biden any different from his predecessors since 1967?

Sorry wrong meeting!
I get your comparison to a degree in the refusal to condemn any particular side for self preservation reasons but in THIS context is Biden any different from his predecessors since 1967?

I only answered part of your post because I found it linked a response I made some weeks back, which went unanswered.

As for the rest of it, the board know how I feel about Biden.

In my opinion, people have bent over backwards to excuse Biden's actions so, no, his actions are not any different to my mind.

He's had to be heckled into doing the absolute minimum he has, as it is.

When you think about it, a (now) nation who were subject to eviction and mass murder are now doing the exact same thing to others.

This is not political or religious, it‘s quite simply a land grab for people who have no right to it and genocide to enable them to do it.

Disgraceful.
Well they didn't have anywhere to go where their safety could be guaranteed when they were subject to eviction and mass murder. Hence the foundation of the State of Israel. And now they're faced with people who want to evict and murder them again. So you could understand why they're not too keen on that can't you?

And given the Palestinian population in the Occupied Territories has a higher growth rate than the Israeli one, it's a funny sort of "genocide".

I saw a statement by Abbas earlier that asked for a state based on the old pre-1967 borders. Well they could have had a far bigger one than that if they'd accepted partition. And between 1948 and 1967, they also could have had a state, except the Jordanians annexed the West Bank. If the Arab leadership, and the Palestinian one, hadn't been dickheads, none of what's happening today would have been necessary.

Actions, as they say, have consequences.

Well they didn't have anywhere to go where their safety could be guaranteed when they were subject to eviction and mass murder. Hence the foundation of the State of Israel. And now they're faced with people who want to evict and murder them again. So you could understand why they're not too keen on that can't you?

And given the Palestinian population in the Occupied Territories has a higher growth rate than the Israeli one, it's a funny sort of "genocide".

I saw a statement by Abbas earlier that asked for a state based on the old pre-1967 borders. Well they could have had a far bigger one than that if they'd accepted partition. And between 1948 and 1967, they also could have had a state, except the Jordanians annexed the West Bank. If the Arab leadership, and the Palestinian one, hadn't been dickheads, none of what's happening today would have been necessary.

Actions, as they say, have consequences.
That’s a lot of whataboutary, mate, and I understand why you would, but I’m saying as I am seeing and it doesn’t look good. In fact, it’s not good as Israel really is committing offences against humanity in order to further its own need to pamper to people who have no right.

Sorry, mate, you just can’t get away from the realities of this, it’s just wrong. No defence.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.