Middle East Conflict (merged)

I looked on here and here alone. Nothing. Not a single tweet about any other gross injustice anywhere in the world.

And you actually used that "some of my best friends are Jewish" line. Really? Do me a favour.
I’m sure The Futures Blue can speak for himself but he doesn’t strike me as someone that is anti-Jewish in anything he’s posted, which is what I assume you are insinuating.

Granted there are ignorant and uneducated fools out there that hold anti-Semitic views, and they should be condemned in the strongest possible manner. However I see the what aboutery and pulling out the anti-Semite card by ‘The friends of Israel’ as a retort nearly every time criticism is levelled at Israel, regardless of how articulate the criticism is. It’s wearing thin and the shift in public opinion over the past few weeks has been refreshing to see and would indicate the tide is slowly turning with people looking past the usual narrative because of social media etc.

They may be in the minority within the Jewish community but I know quite a few guys and gals (couple of them ex-IDF) that oppose the war crimes, child abuses, illegal settlements, evictions, apartheid regime, and all of the other nefarious shite the Palestinians have been subjected to. Some of them are even members of groups such as PSC and Jews for Justice for Palestine...What does that make them?

Last edited:
I looked on here and here alone. Nothing. Not a single tweet about any other gross injustice anywhere in the world.

And you actually used that "some of my best friends are Jewish" line. Really? Do me a favour.
Again you take my words our of context to try and discredit me but don’t put anything forward to counter the debate.

Poor show, my friend, poor show.

I’m sure The Futures Blue can speak for himself but he doesn’t strike me as someone that is anti-Jewish in anything he’s posted, which is what I assume you are insinuating.

Granted there are ignorant and uneducated fools out there that hold anti-Semitic views, and they should be condemned in the strongest possible manner. However I see the what aboutery and pulling out the anti-Semite card by ‘The friends of Israel’ as a retort nearly every time criticism is levelled at Israel, regardless of how articulate the criticism is. It’s wearing thin and the shift in public opinion over the past few weeks has been refreshing to see and would indicate the tide is slowly turning with people looking past the usual narrative because of social media etc.

They may be in the minority within the Jewish community but I know quite a few guys and gals (couple of them ex-IDF) that oppose the war crimes, child abuses, illegal settlements, evictions, apartheid regime, and all of the other nefarious shite the Palestinians have been subjected to. Some of them are even members of groups such as PSC and Jews for Justice for Palestine...What does that make them?
The principle of this though lies in the incorrect idea that Jewish people have anything to do with Israel. Israel is a country state that mostly contains Jewish people but not all Jewish people are Israelis. Israel identifies as a Jewish state but ultimately that's founded on the principle of Zionism rather than having anything to do with the religion itself.

This is where an argument against Israel as a state can sometimes easily tread into anti-semitism because mentioning Jews and Israel in the same sentence is perhaps misguided.

Don't forget that as much as nearly 20% of Israelis are actually Muslim, the vast majority of Israelis are Jewish but many barely even identify as being religious at all.

Last edited:
The principle of this though lies in the incorrect idea that Jewish people have anything to do with Israel. Israel is a country state that mostly contains Jewish people but not all Jewish people are Israelis. Israel identifies as a Jewish state but ultimately that's founded on the principle of Zionism rather than having anything to do with the religion itself.

This is where an argument against Israel as a state can sometimes easily tread into anti-semitism because mentioning Jews and Israel in the same sentence is perhaps misguided.

Don't forget that as much as nearly 20% of Israelis are actually Muslim, the vast majority of Israelis are Jewish but many barely even identify as being religious at all.

So the vast majority have used the religious reason of Jewish Homeland as the argument for the formation of Israel but they don't see themselves as religious. That doesn't sound right tbh.

So the vast majority have used the religious reason of Jewish Homeland as the argument for the formation of Israel but they don't see themselves as religious. That doesn't sound right tbh.
Israel was founded on the nationalist ideology of Zionism and not necessarily the Jewish religion. Zionism is the idea that Jewish people have the right to the specific land that we call Israel. You can be for or against Zionism whether you are Jewish or not, it's an ideology.

Israel as a state is fundamentally not an isolated Jewish state and in many respects it can be considered secular. Only 75% of Israeli's are Jewish and over 20% of the population there does not believe in a god and a slightly smaller number do not consider themselves religious at all. You then have a sizeable population that isn't Jewish at all.

The conflict between Palestine and Israel is not a religious war, it's a dispute over land and conflicting ideologies over whose land it is. It's a war between nationalists on either side, not religious fanatics.

Here's a question, is there any difference between a Palestinian Muslim and an Israeli Muslim? When we criticise Israel do we also criticise Israeli's as in everyone including Israeli Muslims? If not then you can see how easily anti-semitism can occur. The pure association between Jews and Israel is like associating all the wrongs of the UK with Christians.

Last edited:
Israel was founded on the nationalist ideology of Zionism and not necessarily the Jewish religion. Zionism is the idea that Jewish people have the right to the specific land that we call Israel. You can be for or against Zionism whether you are Jewish or not, it's an ideology.

Israel as a state is fundamentally not an isolated Jewish state and in many respects it can be considered secular. Only 75% of Israeli's are Jewish and over 20% of the population there does not believe in a god and a slightly smaller number do not consider themselves religious at all. You then have a sizeable population that isn't Jewish at all.

The conflict between Palestine and Israel is not a religious war, it's a dispute over land and conflicting ideologies over whose land it is. It's a war between nationalists on either side, not religious fanatics.

Here's a question, is there any difference between a Palestinian Muslim and an Israeli Muslim? When we criticise Israel do we also criticise Israeli's as in everyone including Israeli Muslims? If not then you can see how easily anti-semitism can occur. The pure association between Jews and Israel is like associating all the wrongs of the UK with Christians.

So, herein lies the question; can anybody be critical of the Israeli gov without straying into antisemitism, cos THAT'S what the majority of people are doing, to my mind and it was Benny Netty that got himself all bunched up about it, followed by a whole host of his fellow followers/ fans.

It's just not okay to murder and evict your fellow Human Being at will, anywhere.

I, simply, do not know where the mine fields are when it comes to Israel.

So, herein lies the question; can anybody be critical of the Israeli gov without straying into antisemitism, cos THAT'S what the majority of people are doing, to my mind and it was Benny Netty that got himself all bunched up about it, followed by a whole host of his fellow followers/ fans.

It's just not okay to murder and evict your fellow Human Being at will, anywhere.

I, simply, do not know where the mine fields are when it comes to Israel.
Yes you can critical of the government without bring antisemitic. Many Israelis do that, as do other Jews around the world. I don't see why people find that hard to grasp.

But if you're only ever critical of Israel's government and not any other that is authoritarian, oppressive to minorities within the country or it's neighbours, then don't be surprised when you get called out.

Yes you can critical of the government without bring antisemitic. Many Israelis do that, as do other Jews around the world. I don't see why people find that hard to grasp.

But if you're only ever critical of Israel's government and not any other that is authoritarian, oppressive to minorities within the country or it's neighbours, then don't be surprised when you get called out.

A fair point.

I'd like to think I hate every Gov that treats its people and others poorly.

But, that's just me..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.