Middle East Conflict

Netanyahu’s appeal to the electorate was based on him being a strong man who would keep Israelis safe. That has completely been blown out of the water. Whether the eventual outcome will be for him to be ousted and a more moderate government replaces his coalition remains to be seen, but that is the only hope for anything positive happening in the medium term. I don’t hold out much hope, mainly because the religious right are the fastest growing group in the country and are likely to keep him or someone even more right wing in power.

In the meantime Israel has no choice other than to try and neutralise Hamas but it’s what follows that will decide whether there will be another hundred years of conflict.
And like you know it's pissing off a lot of Isalies. but they have a proportional representation system that allows lunatic parties to get in to power

Most of my friends in Israel know this situation was completely avoidable

I’m the last to don a tin foil hat but there’s something strangely reminiscent of Pearl Harbour about this and the age old question of whether the US knew it was coming but were happy enough for it to take place as pretext to enter a war it wanted to but felt was unable to due to it being hugely unpopular back home.

It’s been clear for a while that the IDF and security services have been politicised and it’s looking very likely that a combination of distractions related to Netanyahu’s anti-democratic policies and Netanyahu not being averse to it kicking off has contributed to the unpreparedness of the security forces. Fairly sure they didn’t think it would be this big though and he was probably hoping for a relatively low level conflict like the last two or three so he could crack down and look strong.

There is another elephant in the room, and that elephant is Russia, they will take full advantage of this, they often operate as the unseen hand, this time useing Iran as a proxy to distract the US, and if the Israelis do go in to trying to starve the Garza strip the instability it will cause in the Arab world will be immense not to mention in the third world wher ethe West is not particularly popular

Let's be honest on here, how many people on here will condemn the atrocities committed this weekend by Hamas and how many are supporting them. I don't want to see 'yes but' answers, it's either condemn Hamas or support Hamas.
Glad to see six hours on from my message above barely anyone has come out and responded. Says it all for me about the mindset of many on here. Utter cunts!

Genuine question but seeing as they’ve stopped electricity and internet, how are the Palestinian’s supposed to read the warning tweets?

I saw a few years ago that Israel fire small air bombs near building to warn bigger is on the way so civilians can get out of the way. No idea If this was propaganda or still happens mind you

There is another elephant in the room, and that elephant is Russia, they will take full advantage of this, they often operate as the unseen hand, this time useing Iran as a proxy to distract the US, and if the Israelis do go in to trying to starve the Garza strip the instability it will cause in the Arab world will be immense not to mention in the third world wher ethe West is not particularly popular
Wouldn’t surprise me if Russia have actually encouraged Iran to get Hamas to instigate this.

Genuine question but seeing as they’ve stopped electricity and internet, how are the Palestinian’s supposed to read the warning tweets?
ordinary Gaza strip residents are probably in the dark, literally, but if journalist's can still take pics, live feeds etc, then there is generator power for them and satelitte comms.
For everyone else, it would have to be word of mouth, from those that can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.