Middle East Conflict

Gaza would have really flourished if only they had good leaders.
I recall before the first intifada, there was no wall between Israel and Gaza. People traveled freely to work in Israel and returned home to their families living in Gaza.
All that changed when Arafat rejected the two-state peace proposal in 2000 and launched the intifada. Gaza has been going downhill ever since.
Sad.
Arafat signing Israel’s deal would have signed his death warrant (That the IDF sorted anyway).

Why did Israel not concede the 2% of traditionally Palestinian land that scuppered the deal.

I think it was down to religious sites IIRC that were important to Israelites and Palestinians: Neither party gave up on their red lines so why highlight Arafat?

Oh lovely Hezbolah has joined in on the Lebanon front by attacking Isreal. Missiles, Drones, possibly paragliding murderers too.

Last edited:
The reason Israel’s response may appear muted to some posters might be because they were caught so unaware by the terrorists. Not just the attacks on the rave and villages but also by the tank busting kit Hams had access to. Piling straight into Gaza without a thorough and up to date assessment of the terrorists” capability could have proven a graveyard for many more Israeli soldiers, especially given the layout of Gaza.

It’s far safer for Israeli forces to be bombing Gaza from the skies until the Israeli army are ready to invade Gaza and they have a robust intelligence assessment of what awaits them. It’s not a charitable decision.
I wasn’t suggesting it was charitable, merely measured.

As you said, they can bomb from the air with relative impunity, yet even then it had been highly targeted, as opposed to a “shock and awe” statement.

When did I say Israel had to provide the food and water.

It was reported that Israel was bombing people trying to leave Gaza, I think to Egypt. Hopefully this wasn’t true but it will contribute to a humanitarian catastrophe if that’s happening. I thought Netanyahu had told Gazans to leave.

Any refugees that leave are blocked from a right to return too.

Oh, please. The IDF have been targeting civilian sites for decades and have never given a shit about those casualties because they faced zero repercussions.

And, no, this isn't a defence of anything Hamas has done but it is disingenuous to act like Israel have at any point been legitimately considerate of the lives of Palestinian citizens.
A strong defence often requires a targeted offence. I make no excuses for Israel’s determined self-defence.

Whilst understanding Israel's response this is not war against Hamas its revenge on Gaza. Let's not kid ourselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.