Middle East Conflict

More than 20% of Israel's population today are Arabs mostly of Palestinian descent. These people don't want to live under Hamas or Fatah.
Meanwhile, the Jewish population has been ethnically cleansed from the whole of Arabia.
Apart from the small number still surviving in Iran, I challenge you to point out any Arab country with a thriving Jewish population.

Iran isn't an Arabic country.

2014 - Operation Protective Edge:

Israeli casualties:
67 combatants killed
6 civilians killed (around 9%)

Palestinian casualties:
~2200 combatants killed
~1450 civilians killed (around 65%)

Israel will respond the same way they have been for generations. The only difference is that now it's easier to justify to a global audience because of the actions of Hamas.
If them numbers are correct which I imagine they are . Why did the thick cunts do what they have done and expect a different outcome. Its always been the catapult against the rocket. Just shows you how stupid some terrorist are . They must have known what the retaliation was going to be . I am surprised they haven't flattened gaza in a full scale ground attack already.

Just think back to before the first intifada (uprising), these issues were non existent.
Also, the Palestinians can use their other border with Egypt if the Israeli border is blocked.
Somehow, it's like that second border does not exist and Israel alone should be responsible for everything.

I wouldn’t agree with that, Egypt are trying to get agreement to allow humanitarian aid in via the Rafah crossing but can’t at the mo and they’ve closed it the last couple of days due to the air strikes.

On the wider point though that’s because Israel have agreement over what is allowed through that second border too, any goods via either route still requires Israel’s approval (and again for infrastructure would have subsequent approval again too). Previously no goods at all were allowed via that route, it was just a people crossing.

They also can block people too, which is why any that leave Gaza via that route seeking refugee status don’t have a right to return.

Last edited:
To look at the conflict in this region over the last four thousand years or so, it’s hard to imagine that it was once the starting point of the Neolithic Revolution, part of the Cradle of Civilisation, eight thousand years before then where brilliant people invented farming, the wheel, raising livestock, conurbations of houses, currency, writing etc.

There’s been nothing civil about that region probably since the before Canaanites and what enhancements has it given the world in that time? Weird religions? Fundamentalism? Extremism? War? Death? Refugees?

This entire region (not just Israel and the Palestinians) need to have an enlightenment and become more secular. Or at least use their silly religions for positive enhancements instead of for Jihad or extreme religio-Nationalism.

Look at what happened in Central Asia in the 1400s when they had the Islamic Timurid Empire (sort of modern day Uzbekistan) that was a kind of coalition empire encompassing Turkic, Mongol and Persian peoples and cultures. The Timurid Renaissance (which pre-dated and was copied by the Italian Renaissance) came out of this empire with enhancements of mathematics, architecture, art, music and secularism including the acceptance of drinking wine in Islam.

Then look at the Middle East now…

Neither side can take the moral high ground. Anyone not living there who are actually part of either side shouldn’t be taking any side either (those muppets marching the streets of Manchester on Monday in support of Palestine simply marched to support terrorism since they were out hours after the world’s biggest terrorist attack since 11/9, and were an embarrassment to my city); both sides are as reprehensible as each other, both sides continual actions since 1947 have bred this Jihad and extreme religio-Nationalism on either side that only seem to be getting more radical as time goes on.

It seems like every step that one side has ever taken creates more hatred on the other side.

A belief revolution where they finally call their religions ‘mythologies’ and live for the enhancement of their societies, instead of for the enhancement of radicalisation, is needed. Then maybe people can sit around a table and come to some properly thought out solutions after fair-minded and positive discussion.
Yes.
How about this bloke who wrote that he deplored those who
"substitute the yell and the war-whoop in the place of reason, argument and good order"?
Or, same guy, who said "I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish Church, by the Roman Church, by the Greek Church, by the Turkish Church, by the Protestant Church, nor by any Church that I know of. My own mind is my Church."

Trouble is, both opinions are from Thomas Paine 250 years ago and sadly he wasn't listened to then or since. But get yourself to Tel-Aviv and Tehran and try to have the buggers read your post.

Last edited:
Food water and electricity should clearly be allowed into Gaza. You can't starve an entire population in an act of revenge no matter how agreived you are.

The bombing looks scarily indiscriminate aswell but there appears to be no independent ratification of what targets are genuine. Go after the Hamas terrorists by all means but it has to be done within the rules of the Geneva Convention surely??

Iran are behind this Hamas uprising according to an American General on Radio 4 on pm tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.