Middle East Conflict

In the next day of two Isreal will be in a two pronged attack as hezzbollah will enter this war . They are starting to escalate it in Lebanon .
I've just been reading a Q&A article with Martin Indyk. His belief is that Hamas intention with the attack was to get Israel to react massively, and then have the conflict escalate. Hezbollah in Lebanon, a West Bank uprising, a revolt in Jerusalem. Hezbollah will be the main one as apparently they have 150,000 rocket's they can launch into Israel, and would mean all out war in the Lebanon.

I've just been reading a Q&A article with Martin Indyk. His belief is that Hamas intention with the attack was to get Israel to react massively, and then have the conflict escalate. Hezbollah in Lebanon, a West Bank uprising, a revolt in Jerusalem. Hezbollah will be the main one as apparently they have 150,000 rocket's they can launch into Israel, and would mean all out war in the Lebanon.
This is the only explanation/scenario that makes ‘sense’ of the actions of Hamas.

i always felt the US was rope-a-doped into its post-9/11 military campaigns, at widespread cost, and to no discernible long-term effect on the causes of that attack, and I share the same concerns here.

Maybe they are not big on colonising other people?
Must be a different Jordan to the one that annexed the West Bank in 1950 then, an act that was widely considered illegal by the international community. A bit like the Israeli settlements there are. And a different Egypt to the one whose army occupied Gaza in 1948. A bit like the Israelis occupy the West Bank.

This is the only explanation/scenario that makes ‘sense’ of the actions of Hamas.

i always felt the US was rope-a-doped into its post-9/11 military campaigns, at widespread cost, and to no discernible long-term effect on the causes of that attack, and I share the same concerns here.
Yes, and as a by-product it will scupper Israeli relations with the more moderate Arab Countries, and ruin the proposed Saudi and Israeli peace deal that was in the offing.

I know the answer. It was those pesky Jews wasn't it?

You know, that lot who provoked the Russians in the late 19th century, then the Germans in the 1930's and 40's by the outrageous and aggressive action of being born Jewish. And then having the nerve to want to live safely in a country where they weren't subject to pogroms and genocide. Those damn Jews deserve everything they get.

This is possibly the most fuckwitted post I've seen on this subject and there's been some competition for that title.
When the personal insults start flying you can be sure you've hit a nerve.
Of course it was the Jews.
History tells us that.
The fact that the Jews were pogrommed by the Russians and then the Germans wasn't anything to do with the Palestinians, these were genocides the European Jews experienced at the hands of other Europeans in Europe. Did the Russians and Germans sacrifice land for a Jewish homeland for the atrocities they committed?
It was Palestinians who just happened to be occupied by another European colonial power who thought a whole nation would be ok with giving away their country.
You might be ok with that, you being the beneficiaries, but the Palestinians and whole chunks of the world never will be.

There are many parallels to the 1968 Tet Offensive in Vietnam, where the North Vietnamese/Viet Cong launched a surprise attack on urban centres during the Chinese New Year holiday.

The offensive caused a large number of casualties, particularly on the ARVN/VC side but was eventually beaten by overwhelming US firepower. However the subsequent fallout involving the escalation of the war by the USA, involving the draft to increase numbers on the ground, led to not just diminishing support for the war in the US but outright hostility. The Pentagon Papers' leak the following year also helped expose the chicanery of US strategy in Vietnam.

Edit: I've changed my original 'Borth Vietnamese' to 'North 'Vietnamese' to avoid upsetting the Welsh branch of the Vietcong.

Last edited:
When the personal insults start flying you can be sure you've hit a nerve.
Of course it was the Jews.
History tells us that.
The fact that the Jews were pogrommed by the Russians and then the Germans wasn't anything to do with the Palestinians, these were genocides the European Jews experienced at the hands of other Europeans in Europe. Did the Russians and Germans sacrifice land for a Jewish homeland for the atrocities they committed?
It was Palestinians who just happened to be occupied by another European colonial power who thought a whole nation would be ok with giving away their country.
You might be ok with that, you being the beneficiaries, but the Palestinians and whole chunks of the world never will be.
I criticised your post and your twisted thinking, not you (which is probably just as well I didn't because I know what I'd have called you).

I answered a post some pages ago in response to your fellow traveller, the only one who seems to like your post, criticising his narrative that boatloads of armed Jews suddenly turned up out of the blue. I think what most rational, educated people realise is that the situation is very complex and that you can lay the blame at both communities and the cynical colonial powers that took the decisions they did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.