Middle East Conflict

Have fun finding anything in the Qur'an that gives Muslims a promise to the land. The Palestinians (Muslim and Christian) just happened to have been there a long time when Zionists started moving there. It was indeed Britain that made promises to both groups.
Have fun reading the Old Testament, the founding book for the three monotheistic religions.

I just got to pondering the word “Terrorist” few thoughts

By the definition of the word Hamas are “Terrorist” but I did think the word was generally reserved for non state actors who wage war on both civilian and military targets, like it or not they are the governing power in Gaza, can a governing power be classed as terrorist? It’s of of no matter, however what to we call a governing power that sets out to indiscriminately kill its own citizens and citizens from another side of a conflict, Syria, Myanmar, Russia for example are theses terrorist states?

For the host population theses groups are not classed as terrorists rather freedom fighters, take the IRA and all its previous incarnations, for the poor and oppressed Irish they were their salvation from the oppressive and unfair governance of Ireland

Forgetting that debate, how would people suggest the Palestinians go about getting their own state and freedom from the daily oppression they suffer? Non violence like Ghandi? Just suffer in silence with the hope that the world notices their plight? Or form violent resistance against Israel ? It’s an interesting point to ponder and I am genuinely interested in what people think

Did you know that we sell more weaponry to the Middle East than any other region of the world? It is no wonder that we voted against a ceasefire!
What a mess this is - terrorism, murder, retaliation, retribution, revenge, tears, grief, and fear - year after year, decade after decade. I only hope that the current demonstrations against aggression, by Jews and Palestinians alike, is the start of a sustained turn of opinion against governments who seemingly want this to continue.

Last edited:
Hamas have got what the wanted after the early morning attack on Israel, I really am beginning to think they don’t actually give a fuck about the civilians in Gaza,
They clearly couldn’t care less about the people they claim to represent. They’re firing rockets next to a hospital full of injured and sick people.

Did you know that we sell more weaponry to the Middle East than any other region of the world? It is no wonder that we voted against a ceasefire!
What a mess this is - terrorism, murder, retaliation, retribution, revenge, tears, grief, and fear - year after year, decade after decade. I only hope that the current demonstrations against aggression, by Jews and Palestinians alike, is the start if a sustained turn of opinion against governments who seemingly want this to continue.
The arms business and those who invest in it have a hell of a lot of blood on their hands.

They clearly couldn’t care less about the people they claim to represent. They’re firing rockets next to a hospital full of injured and sick people.
You do realize that what is going on in Gaza now will create hatred on a huge scale against Israel and will result in the deaths of thousands Jews. Does Netanyahu care?

How do you think they should respond? I’m just interested in people stating one opinion but not giving an answer

How should Israel respond to the Black Saturday attacks?

You do realize that what is going on in Gaza now will create hatred on a huge scale against Israel and will result in the deaths of thousands Jews. Does Netanyahu care?

No I didnt realise that. I live under a rock

I was replying to a specific point about Hamas - I wasn’t trying to compare.

How do you think they should respond? I’m just interested in people stating one opinion but not giving an answer

How should Israel respond to the Black Saturday attacks?

How Hamas should respond? Probably by not firing rockets in heavily populated areas. In terms of a wider point I’m not sure what the best response is, that doesn’t result in mass casualties on both sides. It’s a complex issue that most people don’t have the answer to.

It is a war so I expect attacks from both sides.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.