Middle East Conflict

The Arab media is unrelenting in its support for the Palestinians and its hatred for Israel. All of them still claiming that it was Israel bombing the hospital.
I’m currently working in Libya, it’s a topic to be avoided at all costs with the locals.

Well that and 2000 years of Europe being told that they were responsible for Jesus' death. Let's be honest, a community doesn't have to be economically successful to be subjected to massive discrimination. The difference with the Jews is that they've literally always been a minority, at least until Israel was formed. Other than Jews, the only other groups that have only existed as a minority anywhere in the world for large parts of their history would be native people or travelling communities, and they are almost exclusively treated like shit too.

As for the Muslim antisemitism, I'd be interested to know how much of that there was before the formation of Israel, because certainly in modern times, it's almost entirely based around that.
Shorthand version, the Quran's verses state that God is angry with the Jews because they reject the word of the Prophets Jesus and Muhammad and for perverting the scriptures of God.

They need 150 trucks of Aid a day and there's just 20 on the border that can't get in. Some children now down to a meal every 2 Days. 50'000 pregnant woman with no medical assistance. Sanitation fucked. Minimal Water and no Fuel.

Over 2 Million people suffering in squalid conditions and some of this could be put right with the click of a finger.

Absolute Bastards.

In 1948, 500 Palestinians villages were destroyed and 700,000 people fled the area that is now Israel.
The Jewish people quite rightly never forget the Holocaust and keep alive the memories of family and friends lost. It's also easily understandable why they craved and still crave, security and a homeland.
It's also the case that Palestinians will never forget the Nakba; lives, land and possessions lost forever.
It does seem an intractable problem.

Shorthand version, the Quran's verses state that God is angry with the Jews because they reject the word of the Prophets Jesus and Muhammad and for perverting the scriptures of God.

I don’t think it actual singled out Jews for that, most verses are about nonbelievers or mention Christian’s and Jews.

Besides, the Ottoman Empire was an Islamic caliphate that was by far the most welcoming and hospitable place for Jews for 700 years while they were still banished or fiercely persecuted in most Christian countries.

Most of the animosity between religions really is from the last 200 years and particularly the Zionist movement putting the two groups directly at odds.

Well yeah, religion hates other religion shocker. But I meant more day-to-day. Plenty of Jews lived in Muslim countries pre-1940s, and I don't know if they were specifically singled out for discrimination (any more than any other minority would have been at the time). But the massively violent antisemitism we see nowadays from Muslim countries and large parts of the population is definitely a post-Israel thing.

Yet there have golden ages in the relationship between Judaism and Islam, and to fair Islam doesn’t tend to mix well with other religions, it was spread by the sword in its early days

Well yeah, religion hates other religion shocker. But I meant more day-to-day. Plenty of Jews lived in Muslim countries pre-1940s, and I don't know if they were specifically singled out for discrimination (any more than any other minority would have been at the time). But the massively violent antisemitism we see nowadays from Muslim countries and large parts of the population is definitely a post-Israel thing.
I think it's always been there, bubbling under the surface. Generally Jews were regarded as "lesser" rather than hated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.