Mike Dean death threats.

Don't know if this has already been posted because I can't be arsed to read through the whole thread but we have seen on TV plenty of people commenting on this issue except the one who should. His first name sounds like Mike and his second name sounds something like Riley. I wonder where he is

Social media like Twitter, Instagram etc are just a cancer on society. Playground for keyboard warriors and surely a massive cause of mental health issues in kids. Why would anyone threaten another human being they don’t know who refs a sport with death?

I think you will find most leagues pay a flat fee these days. Worked out better for refs that way. No refs doing pub leagues or Sunday leagues get paid £55 per game, even in London. Also if you were to ref 3 games in a dayhow much of your timewould this take. I once reffed Sunderland EDS at 11am and then a Northern League game at 3pm . Was out the house from 9am til 7pm for £75. Out of the house for 10 hours. Now I would not go to work for £7.5 an hour. As I said, as long as we are getting paid its ok to abuse the ref.

Volunteers as Iam for Barnardos do it for free.

Last edited:
Easily done once you've had a few scoops and someone posts something that gets you don't agree with unfortunately. Social media is dangerous and that is the reason the only social media I contribute to is BlueMoon...and I am trying to post as little on here as possible.

going to reach a head at some point. Death threats aren't acceptable but sadly you have folk in society who don't have the capacity to control their emotions and they're fed up of being fucked over. It's an easily solvable problem called reffing properly, with integrity and transparency and ending the bullshit favouring the history clubs with blatant VAR calls. If they don't instigate major cultural changes it will only get worse.

Death threats are beyond unacceptable so I don't wish for people to take the following the wrong way but FA/PGMOL put him in a powder keg of a situation.

Officials need held accountable. It shouldn't take something this extreme and wholly unacceptable for any official to be pulled from match duties.

If they're subpar, suspend them. I've posted too many, long winded, posts about what needs changing ahead of VAR but the main aspect of officiating that needs addressed is accountability.

Death threats are beyond unacceptable so I don't wish for people to take the following the wrong way but FA/PGMOL put him in a powder keg of a situation.

Officials need held accountable. It shouldn't take something this extreme and wholly unacceptable for any official to be pulled from match duties.

If they're subpar, suspend them. I've posted too many, long winded, posts about what needs changing ahead of VAR but the main aspect of officiating that needs addressed is accountability.

Exactly, Dean & Mason have run rough shot in tandem the past few weeks and it's no surprise they've pissed the wrong people off.

It’s simple.
Get the fuck off Twitter.

He doesn’t need to be on Twitter. No one ‘needs’ to be.

It’s a double edged sword tho.

If you want to be there where people have an access to you then you’re going to have to deal with whatever people say- idiots perhaps but that’s the risk.

Death threats aside- he’s loving the attention. He’s all ‘look at me I’m not reffing’ but meanwhile we and others are talking about him.

It’s simple.
Get the fuck off Twitter.

He doesn’t need to be on Twitter. No one ‘needs’ to be.

It’s a double edged sword tho.

If you want to be there where people have an access to you then you’re going to have to deal with whatever people say- idiots perhaps but that’s the risk.

Death threats aside- he’s loving the attention. He’s all ‘look at me I’m not reffing’ but meanwhile we and others are talking about him.

"Death threats aside - he's loving the attention?"

FFS, come on. Have a read of what you've written there.

Too much disgusting abuse of football people from keyboard warriors. It's them that need to stop/be stopped, and football people shouldnt have to hide themselves away to avoid it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.