Mike Doyle Tribute

Hard as nails,a true leader by example and a fine player. Hated the rags with a passion and let them know at every opportunity.It was funny after the Law backheel that sent them down, when the vermin invaded the pitch, how he walked off and didn't run,when confronted he stared them out and they parted like the red sea,brilliant!

Yes a favourite memory of mine. They used to say that the barriers at the Swamp were in place to stop Mike getting at the Rags in the Stretford End. He certainly looked like he was going to get in amongst them on at least one occasion.

His dad Tommy was a bigf Blue, an old fashioned tough copper and also hard as nails.

One of Mike's kids married one of Glyn Pardoe's kids, so their kids have a pretty good City background with two Blue legends as their granddads.

I know the broken neck thing is very famous but a more triumphant pic like this would be better for Bert Trautmann:
bert-trautmann-man-city-1951.jpg

Yes a favourite memory of mine. They used to say that the barriers at the Swamp were in place to stop Mike getting at the Rags in the Stretford End. He certainly looked like he was going to get in amongst them on at least one occasion.

His dad Tommy was a bigf Blue, an old fashioned tough copper and also hard as nails.

One of Mike's kids married one of Glyn Pardoe's kids, so their kids have a pretty good City background with two Blue legends as their granddads.

I am sure i remember him scoring once at the Stretford end and standing there arms aloft grinning at them? I also remember playing them at the swamp and Corrigan when he was still a rookie and not very good fumbling a cross which they nearly scored from. Doyle was raging and said,''Catch the ball you big dozy ****!!!'' he absolutely hated to lose,especially to that lot!

I know a lot of us remember him for being able to look after himself and hating the rags,
but don't forget, he was a fucking good footballer too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.