Milan Skriniar

David Ornstein in the Athletic claiming that we're interested.

"Among the players they admire, according to sources, are the Inter Milan and Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar and Ukraine international Mykola Matviyenko of Shakhtar Donetsk. Skriniar, 24, signed a new contract last year until June 2023 and would almost certainly require City to break their record transfer of £62.8 million, whereas 23-year-old Matviyenko has only a year and a half left on his Shakhtar deal and would be more far more affordable."

Don't know who the other guy is, don't remember watching him play against us.

Interesting that we're supposed to be looking for a left sided centreback. When Laporte's comes back, I hope they're equally adept on the right.

"Among the players they admire, according to sources, are the Inter Milan and Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar and Ukraine international Mykola Matviyenko of Shakhtar Donetsk. Skriniar, 24, signed a new contract last year until June 2023 and would almost certainly require City to break their record transfer of £62.8 million, whereas 23-year-old Matviyenko has only a year and a half left on his Shakhtar deal and would be more far more affordable."

Interesting that we're supposed to be looking for a left sided centreback. When Laporte's comes back, I hope they're equally adept on the right.
Or we are planning on laporte being the central lynchpin in the 3?

Think it actually makes sense. Have Laporte and someone else for the left and Stones and Garcia on the right.

Skriniar is right footed, so would make more sense if we feel he could partner Laporte. He will cost Maguire level money (if not record breaking), so I can't see us signing him as anything other than a partner for Laporte, or we are looking to go 3atb long term.

I don't know anything about Matviienko, but he's left footed, so I can't see him being an option to partner Laporte and would be viewed as a backup. He's also shorter than Garcia and whilst we have seen that height isn't hugely imperative with the recent Fernandinho/Garcia pairings, I do feel we could do with another big bastard to give us some more aerial presence.

Skriniar seems like the best option to partner Laporte if we could get him for a non ridiculous fee. In fact even if we’ve gotta pay over the odds I’d still try and get it done. He’s a good age, not slow, technically proficient and most importantly offers a real presence and aggression similar to Vinny.

There is no way in the world that Skriniar will be sold in January and I will explain why. Inter are in the first place at the moment with Juventus ,after a decade without winning the championship . This year they have a real opportunity to finally win it and they playing with 3 CB so why would them agree to sell the outstanding Skriniar in January and not wait for the summer? They will receive the same amount money and maybe even more in the summer. I think he is worth to wait for the summer, I'd bring him and Martinez

There is no way in the world that Skriniar will be sold in January and I will explain why. Inter are in the first place at the moment with Juventus ,after a decade without winning the championship . This year they have a real opportunity to finally win it and they playing with 3 CB so why would them agree to sell the outstanding Skriniar in January and not wait for the summer? They will receive the same amount money and maybe even more in the summer. I think he is worth to wait for the summer, I'd bring him and Martinez
We can buy him for 70m and include one Otamendi without additional cost

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.