Milan Skriniar

Agree about the price but Maguire was about the experience and the fact he plays both LCB and RCB to a decent standard which would have freed options for Pep, I still would not have bought him though as he almost certainly would have come with game time constraints

Game time constraints ?

Skriniar is right footed, so would make more sense if we feel he could partner Laporte. He will cost Maguire level money (if not record breaking), so I can't see us signing him as anything other than a partner for Laporte, or we are looking to go 3atb long term.

I don't know anything about Matviienko, but he's left footed, so I can't see him being an option to partner Laporte and would be viewed as a backup. He's also shorter than Garcia and whilst we have seen that height isn't hugely imperative with the recent Fernandinho/Garcia pairings, I do feel we could do with another big bastard to give us some more aerial presence.
Matviienko (sounds like Matt Bianco) played left back / full back. Don’t think he’s a Center back. Don’t think he’s been center back when we’ve played them. Looked decent enough the last two games.

Last edited:
Matviienko (sounds like Matt Bianco) played left back / full back. Don’t think he’s a Center back. Don’t think he’s been center back when we’ve played them. Looked decent enough the last two games.

Is he quick?

Definitely a CB according to his Transfermarkt page. Hasn't featured as a FB at all, apart from one game at RB. Obviously this isn't going to be conclusive, but I'd be shocked if Ornstein was talking about a fullback being a primary CB target for us.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mykola-matviienko/leistungsdaten/spieler/289059

Why would that matter if he can play left or right CB
Good point, just to recap Maguire can play left or right and that will be a priority on any CB we buy, so a game time clause would have seen him pushed out of his primary position as the only time he would play would be on the occasion of a Laporte injury, his secondary position would be Stones, with his injury problems that could be a possibility but Stones is a far better footballer and Pep would pick him first every time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.