Milner and toure

Ok we have played the big teams now and we now have some easier games at home. Toure just doesnt do anything to merit a place in the side and I would drop him. Milner works hard but thats the least I would expect from a player.

De Jong is the only defensive midfield player we need against the likes of Birmingham.

For me Silva should drop into midfield as he creates and should have a floating role. Barry alongside.

Up front we now need to play 3 forwards so until Balotelli comes back in I would have Adebayor up top with tevez and Johnson supporting.

The difference is Milner actually puts the effort in and tries, Yaya dosen't give a flying fuck! Milner will get better.

NewbBlue said:
There are serious doubts about Milner at this point. If we wanted a winger, why we didn't sign Krasic is beyond me, almost everyone could recognize he had more talent and skill for a better price. Milner looks more like a holding/central mid.

Can't fault him for being played out of position.

I believe we tried to sign Krasic (Mancini has twice now), but he wanted Juve. I think Milner is only playing up top because of a lack of fit options, we haven't had Balo and Ade for most of the season, and Jo is Jo, no more, no less. Milner at least offers some industry, I guess. I really think he will move into the center once Balo is fit and cleared to play. I could be wrong, but that's my gut.

i think people are expecting too much of james milner
yes he gave the ball away tonight a few times too often, but no one on that pitch put in the work rate that he did and does every game
as someone said before do you think adam johnson, balotelli or swp would have stopped evra and park as effectively as milner did tonight

I think Mancini would choose Milner over Johnson most times, especially on big games as James Milner is a safe bet in that he can go forward and defend well. He's a lot stronger than Johnson as well but I honestly thought Milner worked hard tonight he's a good grafter, however with the exception of a couple of runs Yaya Toure didn't do much and looked absoloutely knackered and or couldn't be bothered for the most part of the second half.

i could be wrong but doesnt milner play for extra cover for the right/left back depending on which side he starts. think its been said before that mancini likes his teams to have full backs that bomb forward and so it would make sense that milner is there to slip in and defend. i dunno just a theory. maybe he doent trust aj to do that quite yet.

After the Liverpool game there was a huge thread about how good Milner was and how we'd got the best deal with Ireland going the other way.

It's amazing how people change their opinion as much as the weather.

Milner is without doubt a class player who over the season will again prove the doubters wrong.

bondsman said:
Milner - no pace, no range of passing, no skill, piss poor first touch, didnt beat the fullback (or even try to) once. SHITE again

Toure - Doesnt give a monkey's chuff. SHITE again.

I dont hear anyone near me saying anything different, and everyone calling for Johnson to start. I like Mancini but cant understand his persistance with these clowns.

Are you kidding ? Toure was solid he never stopped talking and bollockin the players around him , him and Kompany work very well together if you cant see that theres summat wrong with you...you did mean Kolo ?

Milner is 10x the player current Ireland (unwanted by Aston Villa) is.

Milner just hasn't settled fully and it doesn't help that he is being played in a position that seems very unnatural to him. Surely this isn't a permanent thing, as shown by Balotelli playing on the left at weekend.

Milner is one of the best goal assisters in the Premier League, I just don't think he will get much joy stationed where he is. Either fighting Barry in a holding role or Yaya Toure in that adventurous role he played today, but putting him in the center is surely the way to get him playing better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.