Milner and toure

Andouble said:
I keep sticking up for Milner, and I will continue to until he displays what he can do where he's meant to be, in the center of the pitch.

Completely agree.

ono said:
To be fair, Mancini probably knows a bit more than a few pissed up fans who sit around you on a matchday.

There's a very obvious reason to why Milner plays instead of Johnson. Neither are good enough to be regular starters for a team with title ambitions.
I'll give you that for Milner/Johnson. Whats with giving up totally?

Like has been said Milner can't play on the wing for us cos his strongest asset out there is his crossing which is completely pointless when we only have tevez and silva attacking the 6yard box agaisnt vidic and ferdinand. This doesn't mean he is a bad player and he did a job in stopping their full backs attacking.

As for Toure he is a quality quality player and people who get on his back need to get a grip. His problem today was he would pick up the ball and look to link midfield and attack and couldn't because there was no-one in front of him, Silva and Tevez were marked out the game. This led to him trying to go on runs or turning round etc because he had no other options. And last 10/15 he was just knackered because of the amount of distance the lad covered so those that think he is lazy should watch the game again....

ono said:
To be fair, Mancini probably knows a bit more than a few pissed up fans who sit around you on a matchday.

There's a very obvious reason to why Milner plays instead of Johnson. Neither are good enough to be regular starters for a team with title ambitions.
Soz. Read the first post, thought it might evolve, but no, you're being a bit simple. (I don't mean you ono)

who cares about football if u get payed 220,000 a week.

oh, and milner is wasted on the wings.

Andouble said:
I keep sticking up for Milner, and I will continue to until he displays what he can do where he's meant to be, in the center of the pitch.

He's useless on the left side, a position he's never played before. It's like when Ireland played on the outside for us, only less laziness and less complaining to the press. Should have been put on for Barry at halftime and AJ introduced earlier.

This. Drop Barry, Milner in the middle, Johnno on the wing....in a perfect world ;)

black mamba said:
Yaya Toure is getting a lot of flak tonite basically because he kept on running into brick walls instead of making a telling pass ...... but i thought he put more effort in than in some other City games i've seen him in.

As for Milner , aside from the Liverpool game , he's been poor all season ...... and aside from one brilliant cross early on tonite , he was poor again ........ but it was difficult against that defence.

He strolls round midfield letting the play pass him by, i would rather he fooked them stupid dead end runs off and worked harder off the ball. Alot to prove both of them atm, that said they are both playing well out of position compared to their most recent clubs so its tough to criticise anyway imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.