Milner back in midfield

Re: Milner back in midfield

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Milner can play this role easily. He's box-to-box midfielder anyhow, so playing centrally will be no problem for him (and he's a clever player).

fully agree and add tot hat he is disciplined as well so will play the holding role

----------------------GK-------------------------------

-------------------Back 4--------------------------------

-------------------Milner------------------------------

--------Yaya-------------------- Ferd

---------------------Silva----------------------

a 4-4-2 does not work if you use yaya in there
----2 out of dzeko negrado jovetic aguero navas or nasri (or jovetic swapping with silva)-------

milner deserves a central midfield place , fernandinho will need time to acclimatise to the premiership , and should be introduced from the bench .

The Chief said:
Proelia said:
With Gaz Baz looking set for Everton could Milner be put back in the position he shone for villa?

Could this be a MP masterstroke?

Unfortunately not I think. I really, really rate him but there are already others apparently ahead of him in the pecking order, so I can only see another season of squad rotation for him...

like who?

yaya, Garcia, rodwell fernendini? i'd pick jimmy over all of them at this moment.

Always rated Jimmy but criminally under used in his best position which is as a CM.

Rodwell is probably now in front in the pecking order and i can see him getting little game time and possibly another out on loan come January.

Will be a shame as he is a player I rate.

As it stands currently, he'd be my first CM on the team sheet.

Fernandinho needs time to adjust and Yaya just needs to pull his head out of his arse!

Banging in free kicks in the last minute of games, can't mask piss poor displays forever.

@de niro, I fully agree. I'd have him as a starter over them every time. Every team needs passion + energy like his and also given the licence,he has a decent shot on him,as well as a good pass. He's another player Mancini brought in to bulk up the squad without really thinking of where he's best utilised. He does a good,pro job on the wing but he won't nail down a place there with Navas likely to start most. In the middle,Toure's untouchable and a £30m manager signing will more often than not get the nod before him. That's why I see squad rotation/sub appearances being his lot again,barring injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.