Milner back in midfield

Re: Milner back in midfield

Would gladly see Milner and Rodwell own the central midfield against Stoke. They are two very energetic and strong players who will run and run until the final whistle.
Start Yaya on the bench, let him realize has no god given right to assume he's a given starter. (but Maybe he has a contractual right?)
He can come in for Silva or any of the two CM's if necessary.

Give Negredo a chance from the start and Jovetic should be ready to give it a go by then.

817661_Manchester_City.jpg

Subs: Pants, Richards, Nastasic, Inferno, Yaya, Samir, Aguero

Matt the Giant said:
Would gladly see Milner and Rodwell own the central midfield against Stoke. They are two very energetic and strong players who will run and run until the final whistle.
Start Yaya on the bench, let him realize has no god given right to assume he's a given starter. (but Maybe he has a contractual right?)

Give Negredo a chance from the start and Jovetic should be ready to give it a go by then.

That's a lot of changes to the starting 11 again (Not that they're not warranted given the performances of some I'll admit). TBH last season at Stoke was the first time I can remember in a long while we actually looked like getting something out of the game. Garcia was a monster, should have bagged a couple. Maybe a slightly different proposition under Hughes but their squad is ultimately the same, and will likely resort to familiar tactics if it's not going their way.

Milner is such a talented worker and can cover many positions which makes him a valueable player to have. I would of loved to see him given a chance and a prolong run in the centre midfield to see how he does but under Mancini that was never going to happen and he was used everywhere. Milner I would class as 1 of our turn to players as we know he can do a job anywhere if anyone is injured and give it his all. IF he was just a central player well he wouldnt last long at the club sadly. I think Milner needs to prove himself this season and show what he can do to Pelli.

leighton said:
Milner is such a talented worker and can cover many positions which makes him a valueable player to have.

Pretty much sums it up which is a bit sad for him. I think he lacks the quality to be a regular starter in any position but can do a decent enough job in a few positions, so no doubt he'll stay but predominantly be on the bench (and he won't always make the bench).

adrianr said:
That's a lot of changes to the starting 11 again (Not that they're not warranted given the performances of some I'll admit).

I know, and my thinking behind that was a hope for a breath of fresh air, playing players who'll be desperate to prove themselves in front of the manager. I want to see us wearing opponent's down, week in and week out, using pace, frenzy and strength together with the individual technical qualities we have at our disposal.

Yaya, imho, really needs a slap in the face, not literally though, to make him try harder.

I think Milner could be a vital player for us because of his energy and work ethic above all else.

What was noticeable about the Liverpool and Arsenal victories at the weekend was the passion and commitment of their play. The will to press and attack the ball. These are qualities that we do not have in abundence. That's why players like Milner, Zab, Vinny, Micah and Negredo are worth their weight in gold to our PL campaign.

I can see that Ya Ya, Dinho, Silva and Kun will come into their own against more technical teams in the CL, but let's not underestimate the value of a little blood and thunder when it's needed.

Matt the Giant said:

I like this team. I think it's time for Yaya to get a kick up the backside. No player should be immune from being given a rest. Also I hope that Negredo and Jovetic both start.

BibbyBlue85 said:
Blue Haze said:
Maybe. Although I never thought he looked very good for us in that position.

Has has his best games in CM for us

No he certainly hasn't.

I remember countless games he let pass him by in that role, where on the wing he's torn several teams apart...liverpool, united in the 6-1...

Lets just be thankful we have a player this versatile and not try lock him into one role.

Milner should be the first name on the team sheet. Never sure whether the other's will give %100 - I am with him. Also, his partnership with zabaleta is brilliant - so why change it?

Thought this immediately when I heard the Barry to Everton rumours. He was played mainly as a winger under Mancini when he clearly isn't one.

Also can't remember who it was (coach or someone) that said Nasri is highly underrated in the position or something along those lines. I'd be keen to see him given a crack as well, might wake him up from his slumber.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.