Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt its any calculated tactic. I would imagine Mancini would like to get Milner asap due to pre-season plans.

It's all about money IMO.

bluesoup said:
Maybe this delay is a calculated tactic. As soon as we give our money to Villa, it will kick start a transfer chain the other teams are hoping for. We give to villa, they then give a chunk to spurs and other(s), they then buy/sell etc etc...

Seems like their is a queue at the bus stop of transfers here and City are in the driving seat. The less time we give to the other english teams to materialise their deals the better it is for us. Simples....

Hope Ireland is not part of the deal and stays with us for at least one more season.
was last season not enough for you.

bluesoup said:
Maybe this delay is a calculated tactic. As soon as we give our money to Villa, it will kick start a transfer chain the other teams are hoping for. We give to villa, they then give a chunk to spurs and other(s), they then buy/sell etc etc...

Seems like their is a queue at the bus stop of transfers here and City are in the driving seat. The less time we give to the other english teams to materialise their deals the better it is for us. Simples....

Hope Ireland is not part of the deal and stays with us for at least one more season.

i think it would be more important to integrate Milner asap than to delay the transfer

bluesoup said:

I hope he is part of the deal then that will end the blinded beleif that he is a top player as they say one swallow doesnt make a summer and one friggin season doesnt make a world class player. As I have said and will stick by fuckin Adios Steve.

bluesoup said:

i have been wondering if some of the hold uo is us for the reasons you state

Paulmcfc2703 said:
gariah said:
if Ireland was gonna go to villa and milner come to us, id expect villa to be giving us 8m on top. not the other way round. bad business. milner is way overrated.
or we could ask for Milner + £20mil for Jo. PMSL

I really dont get why people rate Ireland so highly.

If you'd read my post correctly you'll see it's not that i rate Ireland that highly, but James Milner so lowly.

I'm deeply apologetic if anyone disagrees but James Milner is not worth 20m let alone some bungled deal with Ireland going the other way.

This is the only signing (that looks like it could happen rather than rumour) that has disappointed me during mancini's tenure.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
bluesoup said:

i agree with your post

Randy Lerner will be at Villa on Friday and i assume he's over to get this deal done..

I'm not sure why some people have these fantastical reasons as to why Milner hasn't signed... isn't the reason that we've not yet agreed a fee with Villa as not good enough reason?

Why would we sell Ireland at a low price.

Surely he must be in the £10mill - £12mill bracket and if he's included in any deal for Milner then we give them £12mill (City have allegedly bid £24mill) and Ireland.

I like Milner's work rate and feel he will only improve, but I also think Ireland will improve and rather we off loaded the likes of Jo, Caceido, Robinho.

Milner is a dire specimen. What we already have is far superior to him.
They should be paying us in an Ireland, Milner cash deal.

I'm glad to see we are slowly backing away from this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.