Milner [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trigger said:
woolleyback blue said:
after today I don't want Milner within a million miles of COMS

With comments like that I don't want you within a million miles of COMs!

If you want to kiss the ass of a player who is average at best then ok but I want class not crass. There are far far better out there for less than £28 mill. Break the bank for Ozil yes but not Milner

-- Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:00 pm --

LoveCity said:
woolleyback blue said:

Oh come on, don't be so fickle. He is part of a wank team and is one of the few willing to put in an effort. Was excellent against Slovenia and at least managed some decent crosses today but the entire England team was dysfunctional and a newcomer like Milner can't be blamed. Milner will be a good part of a rebuilt England team if the manager gets it right. He has also proven himself to be consistently good in the Premier League which for us is more important. Not a "marquee" signing like so many seem to just want but would give us plenty of industry, which would allow the likes of Silva more creative freedom.

"one of the few willing to put in an effort"

I don't want "effort" I want class..Class can put in effort too but with a superior end product.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:02 pm --<br /><br />
Matt Diablo said:
woolleyback blue said:

talkin utter shite

Really. after today's performance you'd want him in our midfield and another 34 yrs of failure..I thought we were trying to move on.

woolleyback blue said:
Trigger said:

If you want to kiss the ass of a player who is average at best then ok but I want class not crass. There are far far better out there for less than £28 mill. Break the bank for Ozil yes but not Milner

LoveCity said:
Oh come on, don't be so fickle. He is part of a wank team and is one of the few willing to put in an effort. Was excellent against Slovenia and at least managed some decent crosses today but the entire England team was dysfunctional and a newcomer like Milner can't be blamed. Milner will be a good part of a rebuilt England team if the manager gets it right. He has also proven himself to be consistently good in the Premier League which for us is more important. Not a "marquee" signing like so many seem to just want but would give us plenty of industry, which would allow the likes of Silva more creative freedom.

I don't want "effort" I want class..Class can put in effort too but with a superior end product.

-- Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:02 pm --

Matt Diablo said:
talkin utter shite

Really. after today's performance you'd want him in our midfield and another 34 yrs of failure..I thought we were trying to move on.

I agree with you mate , we need to break the bank for class players ONLY

I think people need to calm down slightly. On the last 4 performances I'd suggest you'd be very lucky to get £10m for Rooney (mind you, I also think he is vastly overrated). Milner wasn't too bad, but the team were utter dog shit, so I don't think we can just go off World Cup performances when placing a value on the player.

malg said:
I think people need to calm down slightly. On the last 4 performances I'd suggest you'd be very lucky to get £10m for Rooney (mind you, I also think he is vastly overrated). Milner wasn't too bad, but the team were utter dog shit, so I don't think we can just go off World Cup performances when placing a value on the player.
correct!! rooney has been englands worst player at the world cup!!! milner at 28m is defo way over priced we know but if bobby manc wants him and the club are prepared to pay it then we have to trust them?!?!!? at least milner gives 110% every game!!

malg said:

I agree with this. For example, although he looks class, Honda for Japan would cost around £25m given his recent performances in SA.

Ill be interested to see what ozil can do when he comes up against a midfield which arent completely uselss, he was good yesterday and against australia but was largely anonymous against serbia, i think most players with a bit about them would have looked good yesterday given the amount of space the midfield and defence were affording them

richards30 said:
malg said:
correct!! rooney has been englands worst player at the world cup!!! milner at 28m is defo way over priced we know but if bobby manc wants him and the club are prepared to pay it then we have to trust them?!?!!? at least milner gives 110% every game!!
I agree with this and also there is the City premium and the English premium. Itall builds up. Personally I think he would be a great buy.

woolleyback blue said:
Trigger said:

LoveCity said:

I don't want "effort" I want class..Class can put in effort too but with a superior end product.

-- Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:02 pm --

Matt Diablo said:
talkin utter shite

who do you want, Alfonse bleeding Groenendyke (forgive me I forgot how to spell it) - Milner is a very good player who will do a lot better in the Premier League than a more high profile import - he has proved it over several years, not just one match - and frankly speaking if our manager wants him then I back our manager a lot more than some gob on a forum

-- Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 am --

richards30 said:
malg said:

yes mate, I completely agree; our club has changed so much - we are in for David Silva as well (yes David fucking Sliva one of the best and more creative players in the world) yet some people on here are now such spoilt brats they are saying fuck Silva off and get Ozil - who do these people think they are? Also Milner will give fantastic service for the likes of Ade, Tev etc and put in a shift such that David Silva can focus on supporting the forwards. There are some things about "new City" that are really starting to piss me off, nothing more so than slagging off players that have not even played for the club; that woolyback idiot bases his comments on a shit England performance, and tbh we looked better with Milner on the pitch than without him

Milner performances for England have been average which is better than a lot in the england team. The thing is Milner is never anything but average. Yes Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard were poor really but they are exceptional in the premier league mopre often than not whereas Milner churns out average performance after average performance.

Consistant if nothing else

johnmc said:
Milner performances for England have been average which is better than a lot in the england team. The thing is Milner is never anything but average. Yes Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard were poor really but they are exceptional in the premier league mopre often than not whereas Milner churns out average performance after average performance.

you base that on watching villa how many times? Ask a villa fan and see what they say about that, they would say he is outstanding in the majority of matches, and not just last season, or certainly the 4 that I speak to all say that<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 am --<br /><br />
johnmc said:

I assume it is because he is average week after week that his fellow professionals voted him into the premier league team of the year? ycmiu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.